Anyone alive?

  • Mike Adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 14, 2008
      Grin.

      Mike
    • AAhhzz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2008
        Yeah Barely...LOL

        Been busy as sin the past year and more..hardly time to think..much less to dream of what the future might hold for us all

        respectfully

        Ron
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2008
          Same and wonder how.

          Or how about looking at hard far we have come?

          Was posting on another list, and it reminded me about how much
          the military has played in the civil rights, good/bad and ugly.

          One area, GIs going over seas and marrying local women (and now
          days men), and many are not exactly accepted back in the states,
          but yes on base/post?

          Examples being German/Italian wives? As well as Korean, Japanese
          and others. I remember the days when "breed" was not a nice
          term.

          Civil rights today, often concentrates on the black issues, but
          sometimes forgets that there was others, from Jewish, Irish (yes
          they was not loved), Hispanics, AmerIndians, Asians and anyone
          of mixed blood.

          Army Integrating before much of the US, after all many
          posts/forts are in the south, and places that are not often very
          racially progressive, and this is not just in the US.

          Reverse as well happened, such as how was Blacks handles in
          foreign countries/lands (Buffalo soldiers example), but also
          over seas?

          Old statement in an British Bar was

          "No Dogs, No Irish, no Blacks". Also seen to a degree in the US
          and elsewheres..

          Thank you Ron..

          Mike
          Alaska
          Where Whites are a minority amoungst many?