53Fw: "Culture Crisis"

  • Abrigon Gusiq
    Jan 25, 2010
          Pictured below is a young physician by the name of Dr. Starner Jones. His short two-paragraph letter to the White House accurately puts the blame on a "Culture  Crisis" instead of a "Health Care Crisis".  It's worth a quick read:

             Dear Mr. President:

       During my shift in the Emergency Room last  night,  I had the pleasure of evaluating a patient whose smile revealed an expensive shiny gold tooth, whose body was adorned with a wide assortment of elaborate and costly tattoos, who wore a very expensive brand of tennis shoes and who chatted on a new cellular telephone equipped with a popular R&B ringtone.

              While glancing over her patient chart, I happened to notice that her payer status was listed as "Medicaid"! During my examination of her, the patient informed me that she smokes more than one costly pack of cigarettes every day and somehow still has money to buy pretzels and beer.

         And, you and our Congress expect me to pay for this woman's health care?  I contend that our nation's "health care crisis" is  not the result of a shortage of quality hospitals, doctors or nurses. Rather, it is the result of  a "crisis of culture",  a culture in which it is perfectly acceptable to spend money on  luxuries and vices while refusing to take care of one's self or, heaven forbid, purchase health insurance.  It is a culture based in the irresponsible credo that "I can do whatever I want to because someone else will always take care of me".

              Once you fix this  "culture crisis" that rewards irresponsibility and dependency, you'll be amazed at how quickly our nation's health care difficulties will disappear.

              STARNER JONES,  MD

      I have to agree, I drive cab, and have picked up ladies wearing over 200$ in cloths, who have 2-4 kids whose names they barely know, but ask them how much they get in support and they know how much, and then they have guys pay for their rides on the other end, or can you say HOOKER!

      Time to get those who abuse the system, back as tax payers and not as tax wasters.. Adn this includes all not just those who love R&B, and wear a grill and all..  Maybe why they need to make prostitution legal, and drugs such as Pot, Coke, Crack, Meth legal and controlled? Take away the mystic?

      On another note, how many members of congress actually visit the lower income places in their home state, let alone DC? Other than maybe as customers (grin).