Farm Sanctuary News: Farm Sanctuary Says Goodbye to Legendary Cow

  • tachi salas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8 2:48 PM

      If you have trouble viewing this alert, please use this link:
      http://www.farmsanctuary.org/newsletter/

      Farm Sanctuary News Banner

       January 8, 2009

      Forward to a FriendJoin the Advocacy Campaign TeamDonate Now

      Rescue

      BULLETINS

      Farm Sanctuary voted “Favorite Animal Sanctuary” by VegNews Magazine. Read all about it!

      Farm Sanctuary by Gene Baur named one of Booklist’s 2008 Top 10 Sci-Tech Books!

      Check out the Urban Housewife’s rockin’ video of our CA Celebration FOR the Turkeys!

      New Job Position: California Major Gifts Officer - Apply Now!

      OUR BLOGS

      Jan. 6, 2009 - Barack Obama will be inaugurated as the president of the United States on January 20th as our country faces serious economic challenges, growing unemployment and a failing health care system. Read more.

      CALENDAR OF EVENTS

      12/16/08 - 01/14/09 (Online) - CharityBuzz.com Online Holiday Auction

      1/29/09 and 1/30/09 (Palo Alto and Petaluma, CA) Meet Gene Baur at Books, Inc. and Copperfield's Books

      IN THE NEWS

      CNN.COM
      Dec. 25, 2008
      Issues with Jane-Velez Mitchell Special Investigation: Animal Issues / Transcript from the show featuring Gene Baur

      SYRACUSE POST-STANDARD
      Dec. 16, 2008
      Artificial limbs improve animals lives at Farm Sanctuary in Watkins Glen

      FOR THE ANIMALS

      Legacy Donation

      Emergency Rescue Fund

      FEATURED MERCHANDISE

      Farm Sanctuary’s Limited Edition Valentine’s Day Vegan Chocolate Delight: $35

      Farm Sanctuary Logo Stemware Set: $13.60
      (15% off!)

      Farm Sanctuary Says Goodbye to Legendary Cow
      Cincinnati Freedom won hearts all over the nation in 2002 when she took a courageous leap of faith, cleared a 6-foot fence at a Cincinnati, Ohio slaughterhouse, and engaged citizens in a dramatic chase that still has people talking. Watch a special slideshow and read her memorial here.
      Advocacy
       End Cruel Confinement Nationwide
      California voters approved Prop 2 on Election Day 2008, banning battery cages, gestation crates and veal crates in their state. Please take action now to ask your state legislators to ban these cruel farm animal confinement systems in your home state.
      Rescue

      209 Hens Get New Start for New Year
      Two large bi-coastal rescues recently saw more than 200 layer hens destined for slaughter to Farm Sanctuary. Given new starts just in time for the New Year, our newest residents are now leaving their pasts behind for a better future. Read their stories.
      Education

      Save the Dates for 2009 Events
      Get out your calendar … it’s time to pencil Farm Sanctuary in! Throughout the year, we host many inspiring, educational events at our shelters, as well as in select cities nationwide. Peruse our 2009 schedule and save the date now for one or more upcoming events.
      Education

      New Year’s Resolution: Go Vegan!
      New Year’s is the perfect time to make a resolution that will help save animals, protect the planet and ensure you live a healthy life. What are you waiting for? Learn how to make the switch to a vegan diet today!
      Education

      Farm Sanctuary Kidz Club
      Do you have or know kids who are animal advocates in the making? Farm Sanctuary’s Kidz Club is the resource for them. From games and quizzes to fun stories and facts about farm animals, this site has it all!
      Development
      Make a New Year’s Pledge for Animals - Join Our Monthly Pledge Program
      Join our Monthly Pledge Program, which allows you to automatically deduct from your bank account or credit card, and helps us ensure crucial funding for our rescue, education and advocacy efforts. The animals are counting on your support! Read more.

      Development

      CORPORATE PARTNERS FOR COMPASSION

      Allison's Gourmet

      Contact UsAbout UsJob OpeningsJoin Us on FacebookJoin Us on MySpace

      Farm Sanctuary, PO Box 150, Watkins Glen, NY 14891