BREAKING! Exciting additions to AFS Conference//Children's book in German

  • ANTI-FUR SOCIETY
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4 11:43 AM
      To receive email from ANTI-FUR SOCIETY, add antifursociety@... to your safe sender list.
      View as Web Page Subscribe Unsubscribe Send to a Friend Preferences
      The Anti-Fur Society
      Bookmark and Share

      WHAT'S NEW AT THE CONFERENCE?

      Ground-breaking documentaries!  On Friday, May 31st, Tribe of Heart will open the conference by presenting screenings of:

      "PEACEABLE KINGDOM: THE JOURNEY HOME"  &  "THE WITNESS"

      MAY 31 - JUNE 2 PROGRAM INCLUDES:

      Eddie Lama, subject of classic animal rights documentary The Witness, will be attending this year’s conference. After the film screening, Eddie will offer an inspirational talk about his remarkable journey from a person who avoided animals to one who devoted his life to their liberation. Says the film's producer, James LaVeck, "While many people know and love Eddie from The Witness, few realize how revolutionary his approach to street-level education truly was. As the film shows, Eddie found an incredibly effective way to invite members of the public to face the truth and think for themselves, and to join him in taking a stand against the abuse and injustice inherent in all forms of animal exploitation. His respectful, yet uncompromising approach is timeless. It reveals the connections between all movements for justice, and is capable of reaching people of all ages and backgrounds. Many people also do not know that Eddie was one of the first people to courageously speak out when the current wave of industry-advocacy collaboration began to arise in the mid-2000’s."

      LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!

       HOW THE LITTLE FOX SAVED HER COAT

       AFSCONFERENCE.ORG

      "

      AFS CONFERENCE HIGHLIGHTS:

        Meet & greet our our international speakers

       for casual chat with coffee & dessert.

      Courtesy of the Anti-Fur Society

         ART EXHIBIT by DC ANIMAL RIGHTS ARTIST,

      Dana Ellyn

      Open to All Attendees.

      Saturday, June 1, only.

         * CLASSICAL INDIAN DANCE PERFORMANCE

       by  Kadhambari Sridhar

        *For banquet attendees only.

      Saturday, June 1.

        At our Reception, Cash Bar & DJ Dancing:

        Special Video Performance by Int'l Hip Hop/Rap Star “I Feel” made Exclusive for conference Attendees.

      All exciting details are on this link: EVENTS

       SPECIAL EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT HIGHLIGHTS

      This year, in addition to a full and varied program of stimulating panel discussions, covering a wide variety of animal issues, there will be a special emphasis on the practical aspects of animal rights activism.  You will learn how to become an effective campaigner and activist by acquiring new skills and honing old skills.  Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned animal rights activist, there will be lots for you to learn. Don't miss the Seminars "Get Political for Animals and Win the Laws They Need" plus "Animal Rights Strategy & Message Development."

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       Animal Cruelty & Children Violence: The Impact on Society. Every day we hear of unspeakable acts of cruelty and violence committed by children against animals. Although this has become more widespread in recent years, it is a much neglected issue, as people fail to realize the enormity and implications of this problem. Dr. Smaragda Loew, a child psychologist in South Africa will discuss the serious ramifications of such behaviors for society, as well as what one can do about it. Animal cruelty and human violence-making the connection.

       REGISTER TODAY!

       FREE Registration for all sessions

       NB: Free Registration does not  include Reception, Banquet Dinner or other meals:

      CHECK OUT OUR: MENU

         For all Registration options: REGISTER HERE

       LIKE US ON FB!

      AFS CONFERENCE

       "HOW THE LITTLE FOX SAVED HER COAT"

      The Little Fox now speaks German as well. This, in addition to Chinese, French, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish, and of course they are all bilingual in English!uct Name

      When I first wrote this book to help children love and respect animals, I knew that the little fox was going somewhere.  And she has.  She is helping children understand that fur and hunting are cruel and inhumane and also, that children can become leaders at tender ages.  The Little Fox is teaching them these lessons in an ever so subtle and loving way, by showing how to bring out the good that each child is born with and then put it to work.

      The latest version is in German and English, along with numerous other bi-lingual versions. Don't miss the opportunity to give "a gift from the heart" to a child you know.  Beautifully illustrated, this book is the perfect present for a child.  The Little Fox is now being used in humane education classes by a number of schools and we are working to have it included in libraries and other places easily accessible for children. All language versions will be available at the AFS Conference at author's discount prices. MORE INFO: WWW.LITTLEFOXBOOK.COM

        LITTLE-FOX-ON-FB-LIKE-US!

      LAST BUT NOT LEAST ~ VICTORY !!!

      The European Parliament has once again prevailed over the forces of evil that would continue the Canadian seal slaughter for the EU market.  In an attempt to overturn the seal product ban in Europe,

      Canada has been fighting the ban in the World Trade Organization,  but once again they have been DEFEATED!

      This is a great victory for animal rights and for all of us, worldwide, who have worked so hard to end the tragedy on the Canadian icefields.   Remember:

      Without you, this would not have happened! This is our victory!!!

      But sadly, the hideous slaughter of seals still goes on in Namibia where 85,000 seals are slaughtered each year...

      Namibia has now taken Canada's place as the world's largest killer of seals. Namibian seals are slaughtered for the fur industry which is owned by a Turkish tycoon living in Australia.  If would like to send him a letter just CLICK HERE

      PROTEST AT THE NAMIBIAN EMBASSY IN WASHINGTON DC:

      FRIDAY MAY 31, 9-11:00. Info will be available on website.

      HOTEL RESERVATION REMINDER!

      If you haven't done so yet, please reserve your room as soon as possible.  You can still take advantage of the special hotel rates for our Conference.  To reserve your room and learn about parking, and what the area has to offer, click on this link:  HOTEL  Please be sure to click on "Click to Reserve your Room," to receive the Conference prices.  Finally, we want to remind you to NOT to miss our great entertainment highlights:

      NB: If you have missed our past news alerts, you can read them at these links:

      http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1411705395

      http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1411693535

      http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1411671231

      http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/141164087new

      WHEN:  MAY 31 - JUNE 2

      WHERE?

      SHERATON SUITES OLD TOWN

      ALEXANDRIA; 801 North Saint Asaph

      Street, Alexandria, VA 22314

      (703) 836-4700

      You

      TOGETHER WE WILL SET THEM FREE!

      Thank you for reading ournewsletter.  We look forward to seeing you at the conference.

      Warm regards,

      ~Rosa Close~

      WWW.ANTIFURSOCIETY.ORG

      WWW.AFSCONFERENCE.ORG

      PS:

      This is the link to this newsletter.  If would could be so kind as to   share this on twitter, FB and other social pages, I would be most grateful.  THANK YOU.  http://www.mynewsletterbuilder.com/email/newsletter/1411722833

      The Anti-Fur Society • P.O.Box 10183 • Greensboro, NC 27404-0183
      http://www.antifursociety.org
      Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Send to a Friend | Preferences | Report Spam