AFS Conference 2013//Little Fox Book in Spanish/English/Italian//Take Actions

  • Anti-Fur Society
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2012
      To receive email from Anti-Fur Society, add antifursociety@... to your safe sender list.
      View as Web Page Subscribe Unsubscribe Send to a Friend Preferences
      The Anti-Fur Society
      Bookmark and Share

      WELCOME TO OUR SECOND ANTI-FUR/ANIMAL RIGHTS CONFERENCE!

      SAVE THE DATE: MAY 31 - JUNE 2, 2013
      FREEDOM FOR ALL!!!
      We are pleased to inform you that our second Anti-Fur Conference has just been scheduled for May 31 – June 2, 2013. The Anti-Fur Society will once again partner with Shannon Keith, film producer and director of Skin Trade, and Behind the Mask, to hold our second animal rights/anti-fur conference in the Washington DC metro area, in Old Town Alexandria, VA. Exciting details will be posted on our website www.AFSConference.org which is currently being updated to include new information as it becomes available.

      Why is this conference date so perfect?

      Because it will be the week-end following the “Memorial Day Week-End”, the most celebrated holiday in the United States. Americans from all over the country come to Washington DC to participate in all the special celebratory events that last 3 days: CLICK HERE and Old Town Alexandria is only steps away from Washington DC which offers a host of wonderful tourist attractions, including boat trips on the Potomac! This represents a great opportunity for an early summer vacation while participating in a great conference: VISIT ALEXANDRIA

      Registration begins January 14, 2013.  Be sure to ask us about sponsorship as well as exhibiting opportunities.  We have a limited number of slots available, and very much encourage single issue grassroots groups and organizations to apply. Prices, soon to be announced, will be affordable and friendly.

      We look forward to seeing you there!

      Rosa & Shannon

      PS: If you have inadvertenly added to our newsletter and do not
              wish to continue receiving our news, just click on the unsubscribe
              button.  Thank you!
      ANTI-FUR SOCIETY CONFERENCE
      REMEMBER THIS BOOK AS YOUR HOLIDAY GIFT FOR LOVE OF ANIMALS!
      A polyglot little fox!
      Hi there!  Hola!  Ciao!  Coucou!

        I'm delighted to let you know that the Little Fox has now become a real polyglot! The most recent bilingual versions are in Italian/English & Spanish/English!  AND the little fox has been teaching many little children that fur is not OK! click here

       GREAT NEWS!  The book is now available at Barnes & Noble!  They will be keeping the Spanish/English version in stock, all other versions may be ordered through the BARNES & NOBLE link or at the counter in their bookstores:  BARNES & NOBLE

        All 5 bilingual versions (Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish & Portuguese) are also available at Amazon.com in the US & Europe. More language versions coming your way!  All details are on this link: www.LittleFoxBook.com - (Go to "book list" to view the current listings.) The next step will be to market the book everywhere so that the furry ones will start benefitting from this enormous effort. Watch the trailer!  BOOK TRAILER

      BOOK REVIEW!

      NOTE: All revenues from this book will go directly to animal causes!
      Take me home!
      LITTLEFOXBOOK.COM
      HOW THE LITTLE FOX SAVED HER COAT
      COLOR TREATED FUR: IS IT CAT OR DOG FUR? WE MAY NEVER KNOW!
      REAL FUR TOY AT PETSMART
      Have you seen these cat toys at Petsmart or other stores?  If you check their labels you may see that they say "REAL FUR" or "FAUX FUR."  If it says "REAL FUR," the store selling the product may not be complying with the new fur labeling law.  The fur product labeling act law states that the product must identify the type of animal, even if it is a by-product or "waste" fur such as tails, etc., and if the fur has been treated or bleached. There is a section regarding a $100 a day fine for each day the deceptive labeling remains unaddressed. http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/textile/furact.htm

      It is morally reprehensible that Petsmart, a large chain catering to companion animals, sells the skin of dead animals. Most importantly, they may not only be breaking the fur labeling act, but there may be a more sinister side to this despicable merchandise:  The fur used is heavily treated with chemicals to achieve exotic colors and in the process its DNA may become compromised to the extent of being nearly impossible to identify its origin.  Thus, these toys could be made of cat or dog fur and no one may ever know. There is only one laboratory in Illinois that performs microscopic tests that could identify the animal, but the prices for these tests are prohibitive.  This means that it is unlikely that the average consumer will be able to find out one way or the other. The best thing is NEVER to buy them. The Anti-Fur Society is interested in pursuing the Petsmart issue further and wishes to hear from offended consumers who are able to help.

      What can we learn from these findings?  Exotic colored furs on jackets, purses, shoes and trinkets may not be legalized furs in this country, that is: Cat and dog fur.  This raises questions because since it is unlikely that consumers will be having these materials tested, fur traders feel comfortable in naming them anything they wish.  Who will know?  IS THIS ANOTHER WAY TO CONTINUE DECEIVING CONSUMERS?

      But until something is done about Petsmart, here is a letter you can send them: http://www.antifursocietyinternational.org/furdealers/petsmartfuremail.php
      ANTI-FUR SOCIETY
      RENOWNED TIVOLI PARK IN COPENHAGEN NOW A FUR AGENT?!
      Tell Tivoli to drop fur!
      One of our newest campaigns targets Tivoli Park in Copenhagen, Denmark.  TIVOLI PARK is the most famous tourist attraction in Denmark, and a point of interest for Scandinavians, all Europe and indeed, visitors from around the world. Now Tivoli has made an alliance with the Danish Kopenhagen Fur which is apparently the largest fur trader in the world.  Learn more about this absurdity, and send your protest by clicking on this link: http://antifursocietyinternational.org/tivoli-denmark.php

      TAKE MORE ACTIONS! It will only take a few minutes to send letters on behalf of so many animals who desperately need our voices. Taking action has never been so easy. We have created a system so that all you have to do is click on a link, add your name+email and hit "send."  The advocating letter goes to the desired targets with one click. The recipients (from 1 to 200) will never know it was originated by our organization, so each one of you will be representing yourself. It is that simple.  More>>>  TAKE ACTION IN A FEW MINUTES!

      FUR FREE FRIDAY: SOME GREAT PROTESTS

      CHILE:  Amazing performance by Chilean animal rights activists: click here
      CANADA:  NEW!!! Protest at a fur farm: click here
      FRANCE:  1500 Parisians turned out for this incredible march.  This brings hope that anti-fur activism is not dying, that there may be a revival instead.  Let's keep the flame burning!  click here
      NEW YORK: click here

      Join us on our online groups: CLICK HERE
      LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
      A LITTLE LULLABY FOR YOU!
      Please do not abandon us!
      I would  like to share with you, a sweet story that I was  blessed  with early  this Summer.  It is  about a momma fox and her 4 babies in my backyard!  They  lived there for 3 weeks while I prepared the first book version for publication! It is an unexplainable magic!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlEyq2Pry3Q&feature=vmdshb
      LITTLE FOX BOOK
      HELPING CHINESE ANIMALS
      A journey or a thousand miles...
      We continue doing our best to help Chinese groups in their heroic efforts to make a difference for our furry friends.  AND they are making a huge difference.  They continue interdicting truckloads of cats and dogs, and actually buying the animals to be re-homed whenever possible.  One might ask why cats and dogs, and how about other animals?  Just remember that "a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first steps."   Just think that if each one of us on this planet set out to save one or two animals, what would it look like in the end?  How about the educational message it would send to many, especially to the children?

      Each animal saved may not mean a lot to many, but it means the world for that one animal.  The animal rescue groups in China are making a huge difference, teaching by example, and bringing a consciousness about animals' sentience never seen before in China.  This is the beginning of a long journey for them, and the groups there need our support without which they can only go so far.

      I do everything I can, including my intention to donate my children's book English/Chinese version to animal groups in China so they can copy and sell.  But the book has to be published in China with a Chinese ISBN as a foreign ISBN is not recognized in China.  So, that project has come to a halt until I am able to get it published in China under Chinese law.  It is not an easy process, meanwhile I would like to ask you to contribute with whatever you are able to so the groups may continue being helped.

      Here's a link about the latest rescue:  500 RESCUED CATS
      PEOPLE FOR CHINESE ANIMALS
      THE BEST NEWS AT LAST!!! Actasia is now leading a group to educate Chinese citizens about the horrors of the fur industry. It is a fantastic project. ACTASIA is a small but incredibly organized group, their focus is on educating children to be compassionate and responsible towards non-humans. I feel privileged to be of assistance to such a wonderful project. To learn more about them click on the links below.
      www.ACTASIA.org
      .
      NO FUR CHINA-ACTASIA
      THANK YOU FOR READING OUR NEWSLETTER!
      .

      Wishing you
      all
      the best now
      &
      ALWAYS!

      The Anti-Fur Folks!
      The Anti-Fur Society • P.O.Box 10183 • Greensboro, NC 27404-0183
      http://www.antifursociety.org
      Subscribe | Unsubscribe | Send to a Friend | Preferences | Report Spam
      Powered by MyNewsletterBuilder
      Bookmark and Share
    • Anti-Fur Society