  • Anti-Fur Society
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      Thank you!
      7101 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20814

      Fur Free Friday is one of the Anti-Fur Society’s efforts to reach people around the globe to bring consciousness to consumers who may have no idea of the immense cruelty they are supporting. We are against the use of any materials derived of animal product, including leather, down, and silk . Please join us in this effort.

      First we will meet at Gartenhaus Furs (7101 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD) and Millers Furs. Next we will march to Petsmart (680
      0 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda, MD 20815) to protest their use of fur, feathers and other things taken from animals to make toys and accessories. Both locations are convenient to Bethesda Metro.

      We will provide you with signs, Anti-Fur Society leaflets and Evolve for Animals’ new leaflet on Veganism. This will be a very peaceful protest. A megaphone will be available for anyone who feels moved to do peaceful speaking on behalf of the animals.

      Consumers need to know that the use of fur is not only immoral but also totally unnecessary. The fur industry is one of the most cruel, barbaric and superfluous industries in the world. They do not have ONE leg to stand on, not only because of the superior faux materials available but also because they cannot even claim that it is for human good or nutrition. To name a few, animal carcasses are dumped in the ground, polluting our waters, and the deadly chemicals used to tan the skins are greatly damaging to the environment.

      So, please take advantage of this opportunity to come by and speak up for the many billions of defenseless fur animals who have already been slaughtered, but also for the many millions who are being slaughtered just as we speak.

      Please do not think that your voice will not make a difference, because it does. If you are able to convince one person to stop using fur, you have already saved hundreds of animals. Why? That same person will go on convincing others. This is the same as many links on a chain, that keep growing. Even if you save only ONE animal, it may not seem a lot to many, but it will mean the world for that one animal. Think about it.