Protest to End the Namibian Seal Slaughter - ANTI-FUR SOCIETY (Washington, DC) - Meetup

  • Anti-Fur Society
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2012

      Friday, July 13, 2012

      11:00 AM to 1:00 PM

      Selected By: Kevin

      Embassy of the Republic of Namibia

      1605 New Hampshire Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC (edit map)

      Selected By: Kevin

      On July 3rd, Seals of Nam announced that it is now confirmed, the Namibian seal slaughter has been pushed back to July 15th, two weeks later than usual. " The industry is very edgy due to public pressure and they are taking no chances. Heavy police presence noted again today."

      On June 29th, more than 40 activists gathered outside the Namibian Embassy in Washington DC, and later that day at the White House, to raise awareness about the killing in that country, and to call for an end to the slaughter of more than 85,000 seal pups.

      We will come together to do it again at the embassy in Washington DC. If Namibia is feeling the international outcry and pressure, then it is important we keep the issue in the forefront of world attention and let them know how serious we are about ending this senseless and cruel slaughter.

      Come out on Friday the 13th to wish the seal killers an enormous amount of bad luck this hunting season!

      For more information on the Namibian Seal Slaughter, please see the Seals of Nam website: https://sites.google.com/site/thesealsofnam/