EGYPT DID ALLOW THE PERSON TO FIGHT THE LION

  • Anti-Fur Society
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
      So, Karim,
      Didn’t you say that the Minister of Tourism in Egypt was not going to allow this to happen?  So you all lied to us, then!?!   THE LION IS HURT OR YOU DON’T SEE IT EITHER?  DON’T WORRY THIS WILL NOT HELP YOU BOOST TOURISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You are disgusting!!!!!!
      Rosa Close

      On 2011-06-06, at 4:28 PM, Anti-Fur Society wrote:

      Dear Karim,
      I am being bombarded with questions from our members regarding the lion v. El-Sayad al-Essawy .  In view of different reports, people want to know which sanctuary you sent the lion to and what has actually happened to El-Syad.  Below is one such report and comment.   Please advise.
      Thank you.
      Rosa Close

        “It’s going to happen. He’s going to fight that lion. He is no longer under arrest, and he still has the lion, which he did in fact buy off the black market. I know him. He’s insane.”

      Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:03 PM

      Hello,
      Thank you for your email.
      I would like to inform you that the Minister of Tourism has released a statement with respect to this story.
      You may read it here.

      Feel free to share it, and rest assured the issue is being taken seriously.

      Best Regards,
      Karim

      On 2011-06-02, at 3:58 PM, Anti-Fur Society wrote:

      Dear Sir/Madam,

      I speak for The Anti-Fur Society with thousands of members worldwide.  We would like you to know that we fully subscribe to the contents of the letter below.

      We also have started publicizing this unfortunate programmed event, http://www.antifursociety.org/EGYPTIAN-LION.html  and will be writing a newsletter that will go worldwide.  Please do not think that such barbarianism will reinvigorate the Egyptian tourism, quite by the contrary, it will disgrace your country.  In fact, the plans I had with my family to visit the Mediterranean countries and Egypt this Autumn have just been changed:  Egypt is out of question, unless you save this poor lion and pass laws to prevent any such assaults on the voiceless in our country.

      We do hope, dear ladies/gentlemen, that you take the right actions to have this event cancelled.  The world has enough barbarianism as is, we do not need any more.  Sadistic cruelty is not what we should be teaching our children!

      Warm regards,

      Rosa Close
      www.antifursociety.org
      "All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. See yourself in others.
      Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do? ~Buddha"

      ================================

      RE:   The planned murder of a caged lion by Al-Sayed al-Essawy on June 25th

      Dear Madames and Sirs:

      I speak for animal advocates the world over, including those in Egypt, when I say that the planned murder of a caged lion by Al-Sayed al-Essawy on June 25th for the purpose of buttressing Egyptian tourism is utterly un-conscionable and must be stopped NOW.

      The carrying out of this barbaric plan not only brings shame upon your country, but will effectively eliminate any hope of reinvigorating Egyptian tourism now or in the future.

      This individual, who purchased the African lion for $4,200, has been given permission by the Ministry of the Interior to "fight" the animal with a dagger and shield, then kill it with his "bare hands" in front of the Pyramids at Giza.

      Sources report the lion is currently "in training" for this barbaric spectacle, which is planned to take place three weeks from now.

      The members of global animal welfare community demand that you immediately
      shut down any current or future plans of Al-Sayed al-Essawy to commit violence
      against animals. We also demand that you immediately confiscate the lion from this man's property and remove it to a zoo or sanctuary where it can live in safety and dignity.

      This lion is in grave danger. It was purchased from a breeder and is familiar with human beings. In photos shown, the lion is inhumanely housed within a tiny, dark cage and is displaying playful familiarity with this mad man. This lion has been acclimated to humans and therefore stands no chance within the cage against this lunatic.

      How this individual was allowed to obtain an endangered African lion, bring it into into your country and harbor it for the purpose of a blood spectacle is beyond the scope of reasoning. The very fact that this individual was allowed to purchase this exotic, endangered feline and house it in a local community where it receives no proper food, care or hygiene is highly disturbing.

      Al-Essawy claims to be able to eat rivets, drag cars with hooks and jump tall buildings. He also claims to possess supernatural powers. The blood spectacle planned for the 25th is not, as he claims, an attempt to "boost tourism." It is the pathetic attempt of a delusional individual who clearly lacks mental competence
      to prove his "manhood" and display what he perceives to be "superhuman" powers. In sum, it is a massive publicity stunt. And it has already failed.

      Al-Essawy wants the killing of this lion to be an "international event." He has received his wish without even stepping into the cage. His plan to kill this lion has garnered world-wide attention and gone viral. International animal welfare organizations have been contacted; concerned individuals the world over are
      flooding Egyptian embassies with calls and emails; petitions against this man are over- flowing with signatures. The world condemns his plans to kill this lion.

      If the Ministry of the Interior believes that the barbaric murder of endangered species will improve Egyptian tourism, they are sorely mistaken. Visitors to Egypt relish seeing artifacts of antiquity, not endangered animals being murdered by lunatics such as Al-Essawy.

      A massive boycott of Egypt and Egyptian tourism is now in place. Thousands of people the world over have either cancelled plans to visit or have vowed to never set foot in your country again. I have read their comments and I passionately join their protest.

      The world is watching. Intervene at once and ascertain the safety of the animal in this sociopath's possession. On behalf of concerned citizens all over the world, I urge you and other Egyptian authorities to act NOW on behalf of the lion. Stop this senseless blood spectacle from moving forward and remove this animal to safety!

      Sincerely,
      YOUR NAME

      www.antifursociety.org
      "All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. See yourself in others.
      Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do? ~Buddha"

      Karim

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: Karim Elemam <karim.elemam@...>
      Date: June 14, 2011 4:18:38 PM GMT+02:00
      To: Cornwalls Voice for Animals <cvfa.uk@...>
      Subject: Re: Lion Fight in Egypt ?

      Hello,
      I did read the Masry El Youm article. The media is giving him the attention he needs. The authorities will not allow this, and we are in constant contact with the Interior Ministry , and there should be another statement soon.

      Karim

      On 2011-06-14, at 4:10 PM, Cornwalls Voice for Animals wrote:

      Yes I saw that and shared it, and we thank him for his support regarding this issue – but have heard from a source that he is going to do it anyway. You read the article I sent to you, and only kill the animal should it be a life and death situation –  No animal of any kind should be subjected to such torment and I am so afraid for this beautiful cat, and any other animals he may get his cruel hands on for his sick entertainment. I want to also be assured that this cat will be removed from him and placed in a safe sanctuary.

      This individual is very dangerous and I do not trust him, not for one moment.

      Many thanks, Mary Alice

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 28, 2011
        You have lost all your credibility – you should have not assured the world that you Egypt was not going to allow it.

        WE WILL BE BOYCOTTING EGYPT.  WE DO NOT BELIEVE ON ANY OF YOU ANYMORE.  JUST WAIT & SEE!
        Dear Rosa,
        Yes, I did say that. I would like to first clarify that Tour Egypt is not a government body.  We have took the initiative from day 1 to raise the issue to the Ministry, and we have pressured them to do all they could to stop the event.
        As we are a large company, with strong online presence, we used our powers to pressure them into doing something about.
        The Minister has since released the statements which were posted on our website. We have since been in contact with the Ministry of Tourism every single week day to keep them on their toes with respect to this event, and have received assurances that the Interior Ministry will never give permission for something like this to happen.
        Mr. El Essawy has decided to then do it in a remote location, and the Ministry was keeping a close eye on his action. He then went to a deserted area near Mansura (pretty far from Cairo)  to carry on his disgusting plan.
        While I believe the Interior Ministry could've done a better job to make sure it doesn't happen anywhere in Egypt, his actions never got the approval or the thumbs up from any official in Egypt.
        Just like other officials in the world do not per se allow theft, murder, rape or animal cruelty. There are things that escape officials eyes.
        I lived most of my life in Canada, and I can tell you that many things have occurred to animals and humans that Canada would've never allowed, but still happened.  Yet, all these actions do not reflect Canada by any means, and only reflect the individuals that do them.
        Mr. El Essawy is not a representation of Egypt, not has he been delegated by the Tourism Authority to boost tourism. His acts were cruel, heartless, barbaric and unjustifiable.
        I did watch the video on YouTube and I am disgusted to see what he has done. From Tour Egypt's side, I will make sure to voice the world's displeasure and outcry, and to communicate to officials that they should do all they could to make sure nothing like that happens.

        Thank you for emailing me, and I look forward to answer any of your emails, and be your voice in Egypt.

        Karim

        So, Karim,

        From: Karim Elemam <karim.elemam@...>
        Date: June 14, 2011 4:18:38 PM GMT+02:00
        To: Cornwalls Voice for Animals <cvfa.uk@...>

        On 2011-06-14, at 4:10 PM, Cornwalls Voice for Animals wrote:

[...]

        -
        Tour Egypt
        www.touregypt.net