BEIJING: EMAIL & LETTER SAMPLE -- PLEASE WRITE!! Weekend Magazine's Promotion of Fur Is Unacceptable

  • antifursociety@msn.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2010
      This is your good chance to write directly to China re. disgusting fur use.

      Subject: City Weekend Magazine's Promotion of Fur Is Unacceptable

      Dear Ringier,

      This week's print edition of your magazine Beijing City Weekend featured a shamefully pro-fur article on China-based furrier David Ubl.

      In the print edition CW ADDS this particular offensive recommendation:

      "PETA might not be happy with [furrier] David's work, but we admire his talent for making people look great (and slim!) in fur. We're looking forward to cruising through the next Beijing winter in one of David's coats. Check them out at davidubl.com and tell us what you think."

      ***

      TO ANY OF YOU WHO RECEIVE THIS Email, Please;

      1) forward this email to anyone who advertises on City Weekend and implore them to register a strong protest that promoting fur is not acceptable.

      2) contact Ringier AG directly here and register: http://www.ringier.com/index.cfm?rub=344

      No matter what you think about other animal rights issues, a future that continues the use and fetishization of animal skin for clothing and "design" is going to a bleak one not just for other animals, but for humans.

      Sincerely,