Fwd: Fur Is Evil

  • animalsareadvancedsouls
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2010

      Fur Is Evil

      Link to Fur Is Evil

      Puppy Under Pile of Dog Skins
      May 9, 2009. A search on Google.com for “dog skin” (in Chinese)  yields a sponsored AdWords text ad for “dog skin”, or “dog fur” (the two words are the same in Chinese). In the poster above, you can see the search result with the AdWords ad.
      Clicking on the advertisement takes you to Alibaba.com’s “dog skin/fur” section, where one can find dozens of sellers of dog skins, each of whom can provide thousands of skins.
      Among the many photos one finds on that first page (of dog skins, dogs in pens awaiting their fate, skinned torsos hanging on hooks, etc), you will see the the photo in the poster above, of a pile of dog skins.
      Before publishing this post, I tried the search several times. Each time yielded the same AdWords ad for “dog skin” and the page the ad referred to continued to show the same results, including this particular seller.
      I’d seen the photo several times before I started to see a telling detail.
      At the bottom of the photo, you can see the head and upper torso of a puppy.
      Likely buried under his or her own mother’s skin, this puppy’s corpse skin-for-sale is a SINGLE “AdWords” CLICK away from Google.com’s home page (Not Google.cn, mind you. I searched in Chinese on GOOGLE.com, which, the last time I checked, is an American company.)
      Such an advertisement would be illegal in the USA. (See the statute which outlaws dog and cat fur. Also see the HSUS’s page on this issue.)
      Google, we implore you stop advertising fur!!!

      Related Articles: