EMAIL SAMPLES: Reinstate Endangered Species Act protections for wolves--Polar--Moon Bears

  • Anti-Fur Society
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2009
      Please take a minute or two to resend the emails below, edit or write your own.   Thank you.Broken heart emoticon
      www.antifursociety.org
      "All beings tremble before violence. All fear death. All love life. See yourself in others.
      Then whom can you hurt? What harm can you do? ~Buddha"

      Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2009 6:20 AM
      Subject: I urge you to immediately reinstate Endangered Species Act protections for wolves

      Dear Sirs,

      I am shocked that your administration has removed gray wolves from the
      Endangered Species list. No other endangered species has ever been
      delisted at such a low population level and then immediately hunted to
      even lower unsustainable levels. This clearly is not responsible wolf
      management.

      It is not too late to halt the hunt and renew Endangered Species Act
      safeguards for gray wolves.

      Wolves are important to thriving ecosystems. The federal government
      needs to defend the wolves in U.S.A. I urge you to immediately reinstate
      Endangered Species Act protections for wolves.

      Thank you for considering my comments.

      Sincerely.

      Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 5:19 PM
      Subject: Help end the trophy hunting of Polar Bears - support an urgent international protection for the Polar Bear!

      To:  Rosemarie Gnam, Chief, Div. of Scientific Authority - Regarding Help end the trophy hunting of Polar Bears

      Dear Chief Gnam,

      Polar bears are on the brink of extinction. They face the loss of two-thirds of their total population by 2050, including all of Alaska's polar bears, because of rising temperatures that are literally melting their habitat. If that was not bad enough, polar bears are being killed by big game hunters, and their body parts are being sold on the global market, with a flourishing international trade in polar bear skulls, teeth, claws and skins.

      Last year, the U.S. recognized the threat by listing polar bears under the Endangered Species Act. Now it's time for the U.S. to continue to lead by supporting an upgrade in the international protection of polar bears under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES).

      Please act now to protect polar bears through CITES by proposing and ensuring the listing of polar bears as an Appendix I species. If polar bears are listed in CITES Appendix I, the 175 Parties to the Convention will be prohibited from importing polar bears or polar bear parts for commercial purposes and fewer animals will be killed for their teeth or claws.

      This bold action by the U.S. could save hundreds or thousands of polar bears in the next ten years alone. Controlling the trophy hunting and trade in Canadian polar bears is especially important to the species. Canada contains especially important habitat for polar bears: not only do two-thirds of the world's polar bears live in Canada, but most climate change models predict that Canada will be the last place where the polar bear's sea ice habitat persists in a warming world.

      With the stakes so high for polar bears -- facing extinction from global warming and the pollution of their habitat from oil exploration -- the U.S. and other nations must act now to stop the commercial trade of polar bears and their parts. Please act now to ensure that polar bears secure the kind of international protection under CITES that they need and deserve.

      On a personal note; I voted for this administration, for change, unfortunately, I'm not seeing much of that regarding Animal Welfare!  Cloud's Historic Herd roundup, with the BLM deliberately going against Federal Law that should protect them, Arial hunts on endangered Wolves, and now a Polar Bear trophy hunt on a species that's already struggling to survive??  Where is the Compassion for the Voiceless??  I appreciate your efforts, on behalf of the Polar Bears, to get them listed on the Endangered List, but Please tell the Obama Administration to end the trophy hunting of polar bears, and support an urgent international protection for the Polar Bear!

      Respectfully,

      Click on this link to send a letter re. the moon bears: