Escada and the animals in the fur industry

  • Planeta Animal
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
      As part of the ongoing campaign, here's a letter sample sent to Escada, and which you can use to edit, send as is or write your own.
      Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:19 AM
      Subject: Escada and the animals in the fur industry

      Dear Sir/Madam,

      Through this letter, I want to express my deep concern for the animals in the fur industry.
      By selling fur coats and/or accessories, your company actively contributes to the suffering and death of millions of animals each year.

      You can find more information about the dark side of the fur industry below. However, since images often say more than words, I kindly ask you to watch the following video: http://www.biteback.be/tv/?mov=12. It will show you the earnestness of the situation.

      More and more people today are becoming aware of the horrors of the animal user industries. These people refuse to buy or consume products that are the result of animal suffering. For instance, they acknowledge that we do not need animals for warm or fashionable clothing.

      Several clothing companies - such as Vero Moda, H&M, Mango, Zara, and Street One - have already opted for a fur-free policy. They consciously choose to sell animal-friendly alternatives.

      You could follow their lead, encouraged by thousands of ethical consumers who, just like me, detest the fur industry. I sincerely hope you will find it in your heart to decide in favour of the animals.

      'Make compassion your fashion.'

      Yours faithfully,

      Chantal Buslot
      Belgium

      Hereby some fur facts:

      Ranches:

      • Minks, foxes, rabbits, and raccoon dogs are bred and killed in horrible circumstances. During their short lifetime, these innately wild animals are confined in small, barren cages.
      • Commonly used killing methods include gassing, anal electrocution, poisoning, and neck braking. These methods make sure that the animals' fur is not damaged. However, they are not 100% effective, and animals are sometimes skinned while still conscious.
      • Also domestic animals such as cats and dogs are commonly used in the fur industry.

      Trapping:

      • Animals that live in the wild, such as raccoons, coyotes and foxes are mostly captured by leg-hold traps, causing severe pain and stress in the animals.
      • Usually, the animals are caught in winter, because of the good quality of their fur, which often leads them to freeze to death.
      • Sometimes, the animals chew off their leg in order to escape.
      • If they somehow manage to stay alive until the trapper returns, they are usually killed by neck braking or clubbing.
    • melina zafeiri
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2008
        Very well written letter.
        I just sent it too, thanx for the help!

        --- Στις Πέμ., 02/10/08, ο/η Planeta Animal <planetanimal@...> έγραψε:
        Από: Planeta Animal <planetanimal@...>
        Θέμα: [Furisnotalive] Escada and the animals in the fur industry
        Προς: "ComunidadContraPiel" <ComunidadContraPiel@...>, "Antifursociety_Japan" <Antifursociety_Japan@yahoogroups.com>, "YouthAntiFurSociety" <YouthAntiFurSociety@yahoogroups.com>, "AntiFurSociety" <AntiFurSociety@yahoogroups.com>, "StopJenniferLopez" <StopJenniferLopezfurline@yahoogroups.com>, "SocieteAntiFourrure" <SocieteAntiFourrure@...>, "SocietaAntiPelliccia" <SocietaAntiPelliccia@yahoogroups.com>, "MiddleEastAnti-FurSociety" <MiddleEastAnti-FurSociety@yahoogroups.com>, "Furisnotalive" <Furisnotalive@yahoogroups.com>
        Ημερομηνία: Πέμπτη, 2 Οκτώβριος 2008, 14:23

        Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 7:19 AM

[...]

        Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!