ROCKY'S OKTOBERFEST - MARYLAND EVENT-OCT 24TH - Y'ALL COME!

  • Barb ~ Alphajill
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2009
      Dear All,

      OKTOBERFEST is an annual event and a great opportunity for everyone to come out and meet the wonderful volunteers of Rocky's. These great folks are some of my heroes and those of all ferrets here at Rocky's.

      It's a casual gathering, rain or shine, under a huge pavilion located in the woods of beautiful Northern Baltimore County, Maryland.

      I've got many great memories of these events. One favorite picture was from a few years ago, when we gathered all the shelter ops that were in attendance for a group pic, and there were nine of us!

      All are welcomed to our OKTOBERFEST; shelter ops, volunteers, ferret lovers, interested in ferrets, and generally fun and animal loving folks! It is open to the general public! This is a great party! No lectures, no seminars, just folks meeting others that perhaps up until then, were only a name on a forum!

      There is a Karaoke Contest, with a $100 prize for the favorite performance (note, I did not say best, but favorite lol), as voted on by the party's guests!

      Let me know if you can attend. I hope you can!! There's camping available at the event's venue for no charge, as well as reasonably priced hotels within a short drive. There will be music and Karaoke all day and evening, raffles, drinks and great food off the grill by Chef Charles, and lots more.

      For those in the MD/VA/WVA/PA/DE/NJ area, this is an easy drive for you!

      For those flying in, BWI is about 45 mins away, and we can arrange shuttle service. There are some great cheap fares out there right now!

      For details:
      http://rockysferrets.com/events/of/oktoberfest.html

      I hope to see you at Rocky's Oktoberfest 10/24!!!

      Permission to cross post to other forums, and I welcome you too and thank you!

      Affectionately,
      Barb Clay
      Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's
      Parkton, Maryland 21120