Notice to GLB "Get Noticed" Workshop Registrants

  • Baker, John
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8 2:28 PM
      How complicated is the "privacy" concept? Extremely. The competing values of personal privacy and public openness will be a central issue in our society for years to come. As an example, here is a notice sent today by the Federal Trade Commission to persons who registered to attend a workshop on the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act privacy rules. I suspect that most of the registrants, although privacy professionals, had not considered that the conference was covered not by the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act but by the Freedom of Information Act.

      John M. Baker <JBaker@...>
      Stradley, Ronon, Stevens & Young, LLP Http://www.stradley.com
      1220 19th Street, N.W., Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036
      (202) 419-8413 Fax (202) 822-0140
      FundLaw Listowner Http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fundlaw