info on Winfield Scott Fuller, optometrist from Boston area, 1930s-

  • elizabeth12320
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2009
      looking for info about him, other family we don't know and confirmation about ancestry.

      He would be my grandfather (we never met)who perhaps has Mayflower and Winfield Scott (general) roots, may have attended Mt Herman and lived in Sommerville or Arlington.

      He had at least two children, my mother Gertrude and my uncle Winfield Scott and then divorced my grandmother, Jean Mcdonald, a farm girl from Prince Edward Island. The divorce was a big deal at the time, somewhat scandalous, perhaps in the press.

      Reportedly, he remarried and started another family in MA. He did provide some support. Any info would helpful since we know very little.

      Thanks,

      Liz Appel - CT