Retracing my steps: Sylvester - Friend connection

  • David Sylvester
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2008
      Retracing my steps: Sylvester - Friend connection -
      http://www.feliixplace.com/genealogy/sylvester.html

      Daniel Sylvester born 11 January 1811 in Etna, Penobscot County,
      Maine son of Calvin Sylvester (Edmund 5, Zebulon 4, Zebulon
      [Silvester] 3, Israel 2, Richard 1) and Huldah Barden (Joseph 6,
      Benjamin 5, Joseph 4, Abraham 3, William 2, Thomas 1). Daniel died
      20 December 1867 in Etna and is buried in Etna.

      Eliza Wolf Friend born 1838 in Etna daughter of Amos Friend
      (Phineas 6, Benjamin 5, John 4, John 3, James 2, John 1) and Sally
      DeWolf Fuller (Francis 7, Francis 6, John 5, Lt. John 4, John 3,
      Matthew 2, Edward 1 [Mayflower passenger]). Eliza died 28 November
      1908 in Belfast, Waldo, Maine.

      Married 4 December 1861 as his second marriage. Daniel had
      previously married 20 May 1838 in Etna Mary Jane Mitchell who was
      born 1820/21 daughter of Dummer Mitchell and Mary Getchell and died
      23 July 1851. Daniel and Mary had seven children.

      Children of Daniel and Eliza:

      1. Albie Warren Sylvester born 6 July 1863, married Gertrude E
      Redding 13 June 1894 in Baileyville, Maine. Two daughters. He
      compiled "The Sylvesters or Silvesters and Their Name" in 1937.

      2. Dummer Michael "Mike" Sylvester born 19 January 1865 in Etna,
      Penobscot, Maine, died 1 March 1958 in Searsport, Waldo County,
      Maine. Married Evelyn Lissie Cochran of Etna daughter of Randall
      Nelson Cochran and Phebe Elizabeth Glidden 4 July 1891. Two sons
      and one daughter.

      3. Daniel Sylvester born 20 February 1867 in Etna, married Harriet
      [Laiten] Beal 20 April 1895 in Portland, Cumberland County, Maine.
      Two sons.

      If you have anything to add, subtract, confirm or refute or if you
      have any connection with this family I'd like to hear from you.

      If you'd like to add this information to your database or share it
      with others feel free to do so and please cite the source. If you
      would like to publish this information in your web site, your own
      book, CD or other publication I would appreciate a note from you
      saying so. This data is not to be submitted to any person,
      organization or firm that in the business of collecting data to put
      on commercial CD's or commercial web sites for the purpose of
      selling it to their patrons.

      Best wishes,
      David

      David Sylvester