RE: [FullCircleSacramento] First Meetings Scheduled

  • Stephenee Borelli
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2013
      I know Carmichael is far away from Central; but it is open on Sundays. I spoke to my supervisor about using our meeting rooms, and it is just not possible. Other options are to meet on the second floor at Central, or to meet at a cafe or other public place.

      I have a feeling this group will be quite a bit smaller than the average of 80 we had at the library programs--at least for now. My guess is a dozen people at the most.

      Randee, thank you for offering to take care of the meeting room. As for being Tolkien scholars: none of us are. That's why we are interested in this. We want to learn more.

      My suggestion for the first "assignment" is for everyone to re/read The Hobbit. Be prepared to discuss the book and perhaps Peter Jackson's new film adaptation. I'll come up with some questions for you to discuss to keep you focused.

      There is a kitchenette. So if anyone wants to bring treats, I'm sure it will be appreciated by the group.

      Stephenee

      From: nancy.becker@...
      Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 09:39:51 -0800

      I am planning on attending. I am no Tolkien scholar either, but enjoy discussions with other enthusiasts.

      I'm sure that if enough of us simply show up, enthusiasm intact, we'll find a way to make things happen.

      Thank you Stephenee for getting the ball rolling!

      Nancy Becker, a.k.a. Old Begonia

      From: stepheneeborelli@...
      Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 20:25:50 +0000

      15 people have cast their votes for the best time to meet. The majority would like to meet Sunday afternoons once a month. Since I work on Sundays and can't have the meetings at Central, you are on your own. Can I have a volunteer to oversee the meetings and take responsibility for the room?

      The Carmichael Library is the only other branch open on Sundays. I have booked their meeting room for the following Sundays from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.:
      March 10
      May 12
      June 30

      5605 Marconi Ave, Carmichael, CA 95608

      I know this is not the usual time for this group to meet, but it is when the room was available in March. For May and June we may be able to book it earlier. I could not find a room available once a month, but once every 6 to 7 weeks will have to do for now.

      Let me know what you think!

      Stephenee