88RE: [FullCircleSacramento] Re: Bagginses Birthday at Farrells on Sept. 22.

    Sep 23, 2013
      I wish I could but my house and LR are way too small and messy!!

      To: FullCircleSacramento@yahoogroups.com
      From: remontano@...
      Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 20:53:00 -0700
      Subject: [FullCircleSacramento] Re: Bagginses Birthday at Farrells on Sept. 22.

      Hello everyone,
      Here's an update on our group's last meeting.
      We all met up at Farrells on Sept. 22 for ice cream in celebration of Bagginses Birthdays!
      There were nine of us there in total but one person had to leave before we could be seated. But meeting outside was a good idea because we were able to get business done.
      And here is the business we did: So I've requested that a meeting room on the second floor of the Ella K. McClatchy Library be made available to us on the first Saturday of the month beginning in November from 3 to 5 p.m.
      We will see what they say to the request. The library supervisor, Debra Conlin, has been very nice and supportive in my discussion with her so far. I could not schedule a meeting there in October because they will be closed most of the month as the Friends of the Library re-finishes the floors in this beautiful building. I'm very excited about the prospect of meeting is such a beautiful setting. If you haven't been to McClatchy, you are in for a treat. Don't expect a big book selection because it was once a home. But do expect some beautiful window seats and a nice patio. It is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon reading.
      Anyhow, I'm getting ahead of myself. We will see what they say.

      So that's one order of business. Here's the second: people would like to meet in October, but we are looking for a host. Is there anyone willing to have a Hobbit viewing party at their home sometime during the month of October? If so, speak up! I'm sure the rest of us are willing to bring something over to toast the host as well as supply a potluck.
      So step forward if you want to host an unexpected Hobbit viewing party at your home!

      Provided that we do get a place to meet in November, the plan is to return to a discussion of The Hobbit in anticipation of the next movie, which comes out in early December.
      So the reading assignment for those of you that need to start early, are from Chapter 7 (Queer Lodging) through Chapter 14 (Fire and Water). That is what I suspect will be covered in the next movie, but that is up for debate.

      That's all I have for this note, Tolkien fans.
      Ralph Montano
      self-appointed Full Circle Sacramento organizer

      PS. Oh wait, your probably wondering how the party at Farrells went? Well, the general consensus was the Bilbo would have had a grand time a Farrells! He would have embraced the loudness and the constant singing and dancing and running around by the staff.
      Frodo pretty much hated the place and would sooner go back to Mordor.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic