159Re: Next Meeting is Saturday, February 8 at 2 p.m.

  • Ralph Montano
    Jan 25, 2014
      Hello everyone,
      Our next meeting is in February so I propose a couple of relationship inspired discussions and one not on that topic.
      1st, from the chapter Treebeard, lets talk about the estranged Ents and Ent Wives. What was the wedge in their relationship? Where might the Ent Wives be now? Will they take their men back?
      2nd, in the Chapter The White Rider, we hear Gandalf’s tale of his fight with the Balrog. When I read it this time I became completely smitten with one of the greatest feats of architecture in all of Middle Earth. The Endless Stair! What are your favorite built things in Middle Earth? This could be kind of a 7 Built Wonders of Middle Earth discussion.
      3rd, In the Chapter Lord of the Golden Hall we meet “the other woman” for Aragorn, Eowyn! I’ve always found Aragorn’s relationship with Arwen to be almost invisible up to this point in the book. But Eowyn’s love hits like a ton of bricks! Let’s talk about their interaction in this chapter.
      Any other topics for discussion are welcome and feel free to post them up here!

      On Jan 12, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Ralph Montano <remontano@...> wrote:

      Hello everyone,

      For the next meeting we will be returning to the Lord of the Rings specifically three chapters of The Two Towers. The names of the chapters are Treebeard, The King of the Golden Hall and Helm’s Deep.
      I will work on coming up with some discussion questions. Feel free to chime in!

      Our meeting will again be at the McClatchy Library, second floor.
      Hope to see you all there!
      Ralph

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic