RE: [FullCircleSacramento]

(108)
  • Randee Tavarez
    Nov 9, 2013 Expand Messages
      Hi All! I think you all might like to know that the McClatchy Library will be holding its Open House to show off the upstairs remodel that day from 11-4. So...1: it might be tight finding a close parking spot and 2: we might not be able to close up our room, whichever one it is, so we might be interrupted or at least it might be noisy with patrons milling about.
      You might want to arrive a bit early.

      Randee Tavarez
      Pres. So.Natomas Friends of the library

      > To: FullCircleSacramento@yahoogroups.com
      > From: remontano@...
      > Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 14:59:10 -0800
      > Subject: Re: [FullCircleSacramento]
      >
      > Full Circle Sacramento, the J.R.R. Tolkien book club will be meeting next Saturday at Ella McClatchy Library from 3 p.m. to 4:30.
      > We will be on the second floor.
      > We will be discussing sections of The Hobbit that will be covered in the upcoming movie. We will start discussing Chapter 7: Strange Lodgings and see how far we get.
      >
      > Here are some questions:
      > Was Beorn Middle-Earth’s original vegetarian?
      > Who wins in a fight? Tom Bombadil or Beorn?
      > Was he descended from a bear of the mountains or from the first men who lived before Smaug and other dragons came to the area?
      >
      > Extra credit to those who show up with a Bilbo-style riddle about themselves!
      > ”I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my path led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen," he told Smaug. "I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly. I was chosen for the lucky number. I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me.”
      >

      > What would you tell a dragon?

      > <*> Your email settings:
      > Individual Email | Traditional
      >
      > <*> To change settings online go to:
      > (Yahoo! ID required)
      >
      > <*> To change settings via email:
      > FullCircleSacramento-digest@yahoogroups.com
      > FullCircleSacramento-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      > <*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
      > http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/utos/terms/

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic