My Frymier Ancestry

  • rexroad57
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3 9:53 PM
      John Frymier married Francis I. Cook
      Their son John Frymier, Jr. married Elizabeth Moody
      Their son Ernest H. Frymier married Lulu May Michael.
      Ernest H. Frymier was born in Barbour County, VA on March 3, 1857.
      He died in Wood County, WV on June 28, 1926.
      Lulu May Michael was born in Garrett County, MD on September 14,
      1867. She died in Wood County, Wv on May 24, 1926.
      Their daughter Fredda Brice Frymier was born in Auburn, Ritchie
      County, WV on Aug. 18, 1894. She married Harry Rexroad.
      Fredda and Harry Rexroad were my maternal grandparents.
      Fredda Brice Frymier was born in Auburn, Ritchie County, WV on
      August 18, 1894. She died in Parkersburg, Wood County, WV on October
      3,1992.
      Harry Ernest Rexroad was born near Cairo, Ritchie County, WV on Jan.
      13, 1888. He died at Parkersburg, Wood County, WV on Feb. 26, 1962.
      Their daughter Rosemary Brice Rexroad was born in Harrisville,
      Ritchie County, WV on Sept. 7, 1922. She died on July 25, 2002 in
      Savannah, Chatham County, GA. She was my mother.
    • Norma & Phil Davis
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4 6:07 AM
        Jim

        I was very interested to learn your direct line. I had the pleasure of
        meeting and talking to your grandmother, Fredda, in the early 1990's. What
        a terrific lady! I am very sorry to learn that your mother passed away in
        2002.

        Your grandmother's chance comment about "Harrisville", VA (it was really
        Harrisonburg) got me on the right tract to find the Cooks Creek Cemetery
        near Harrisonburg where I found John Frymier's father (Daniel), mother
        (Margaret) and sister's grave.

        I need to double check my other family files but I believe that your Luls
        May Michael is connected to one of my husband's great, great aunts, Angelina
        Collins Michaels. The Michaels family settled in Doddridge & Ritchie
        Counties (where I now live) after moving from Maryland.

        Norma Davis
        (d/o Alice Knisely, d/o Evelyn Frymier, d/o William C. Frymier, s/o William
        Frymire, s/o John Frymire, s/o Daniel.)