Introduction

  • Gwen
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2009
      Hi All,

      My name is Gwen and I just got interested in genealogy when I started going through lots of really old photos that belonged to my grandmother and grandparents (on the other side of the family)- all from Ritchie County, WV. I have two calling cards that finally (in my mind) settled which spelling was right for my relatives - Frymier.

      My great grandmother was Francis (Sis) Virginia Frymier who married Thomas Floyd Ward.

      I am particularly interested in the parents of Margaret Elizabeth Moody - mother of Francis. I am finding Wilton Moody and Frances "Peachy" Cook as her parents, yet that conflicts with other's research.

      Anyone else researching this line that can help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Gwen
    • Yvonne Stephens
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 26, 2009
        Hi..I'm Yvonne (Moody) Stephens...Red Cloud NE...
        I wasn't going to respond to you for a bit...as I still have a couple of FT-ARRA grants to complete..oh well I'll get them done.
        I agree with you on the idea that Wilton is NOT Margaret Elizabeth's parents....my Great grandfather is Fountain Moody married to Elenor/Helena (Frymier), I have found her first name spelled many different ways...it came down through the family bible, her headstone, etc as Helena...I do have a photo of my great-grandparents.
        It took me 40 years and tromping many Kansas cemetery's to find where they were buried...my elders are all deceased....I do have photo's...
        My father was not born when they were alive...my dad was one of the family members who left Kansas and moved to SD.
        So what do you have and what info would you like..I'm willing to share...
        My thoughts are:
        Margaret Elizabeth and Fountain are siblings..but Wilton and Francis are not their parents, I think Wilton was perhaps a brother or Uncle and when the parents died he took Elizabeth and Fountain into his household...
        Because of the naming patterns of the Scotch/Irish I believe the fathers name was
        Benjiman (odd spelling)....
        I do know Helena was born in Shenandoah Valley...as this is written on her headstone.
        Fountain Moody & John Frymier joined the Union Army (Civil War) at the same time as well as getting married at the same time in Barbour Co. Fountain has a Civil War headstone....
        Soooo brother/sister married brother/sister.
        Photography is my #1 hobby with genealogy a close second along with HS & college Football....(smile)...
        What info do you have from other researches that conflict the Wilton...  so far I have never run into one...although I have not ran into any serious Moody researchers...the Moody clan were very elusive...I have found.
        will look forward to hearing from you...vonnie

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 26, 2009
          I noticed that my Angus email at yahoo came up as my address...I never use it for genealogy..so be sure to use the ystephen@...
          Thanks...Yvonne (vonnie)

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2009
            Thank you Norma and Vonnie for helping me. Lots of information to sift through and maybe this is going to be a guess in the end. I know it has taught me to label photos of my family that I have just tossed into a box.

            Gwen

            --- In Frymire-Family_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Yvonne Stephens" <ystephen@...> wrote:

            > Hi..I'm Yvonne (Moody) Stephens...Red Cloud NE...
            > I wasn't going to respond to you for a bit...as I still have a couple of FT-ARRA grants to complete..oh well I'll get them done.
            > I agree with you on the idea that Wilton is NOT Margaret Elizabeth's parents....my Great grandfather is Fountain Moody married to Elenor/Helena (Frymier), I have found her first name spelled many different ways...it came down through the family bible, her headstone, etc as Helena...I do have a photo of my great-grandparents.
            > It took me 40 years and tromping many Kansas cemetery's to find where they were buried...my elders are all deceased....I do have photo's...
            > My father was not born when they were alive...my dad was one of the family members who left Kansas and moved to SD.
            > So what do you have and what info would you like..I'm willing to share...
            > My thoughts are:
            > Margaret Elizabeth and Fountain are siblings..but Wilton and Francis are not their parents, I think Wilton was perhaps a brother or Uncle and when the parents died he took Elizabeth and Fountain into his household...
            > Because of the naming patterns of the Scotch/Irish I believe the fathers name was
            > Benjiman (odd spelling)....
            > I do know Helena was born in Shenandoah Valley...as this is written on her headstone.
            > Fountain Moody & John Frymier joined the Union Army (Civil War) at the same time as well as getting married at the same time in Barbour Co. Fountain has a Civil War headstone....
            > Soooo brother/sister married brother/sister.
            > Photography is my #1 hobby with genealogy a close second along with HS & college Football....(smile)...
            > What info do you have from other researches that conflict the Wilton... so far I have never run into one...although I have not ran into any serious Moody researchers...the Moody clan were very elusive...I have found.
            > will look forward to hearing from you...vonnie

          • rexroad57
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 28, 2009
              Hi Gwen,
              My name is Jim. My Freymeyer/Frymire/Frymier connection is through
              my maternal grandmother. Her name was Fredda Brice Frymier-Rexroad,
              Daughter of Ernest H. Frymier and Lulu Michael-Frymier. Your great-grandmother (Francis V. Frymier-Ward) and my great-grandfather, Ernest H. Frymier, were brother and sister.
              I don't know what information you have but on the Frymier line I
              gaps. I don't have any information on the Moody line and what little
              I have names Wilton Moody and Peachy Cook as the parents of Elizabeth Margaret Moody (which seems to conflict with others research). But,
              I am willing to share what I have. I also got some photographs of
              Frymier graves on my last trip to West Virginia in September of this
              year. In particular, I have photos of the graves of Francis V. Frymier-Ward, her husband, and a few of their children. If you are
              interested, please let me know via the Frymire Family group or my
              email. I hope to hear from you.
              Jim

              --- In Frymire-Family_Genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Gwen" <pocobam@...> wrote:

              > Hi All,
              >
              > My name is Gwen and I just got interested in genealogy when I started going through lots of really old photos that belonged to my grandmother and grandparents (on the other side of the family)- all from Ritchie County, WV. I have two calling cards that finally (in my mind) settled which spelling was right for my relatives - Frymier.
              >
              > My great grandmother was Francis (Sis) Virginia Frymier who married Thomas Floyd Ward.
              >
              > I am particularly interested in the parents of Margaret Elizabeth Moody - mother of Francis. I am finding Wilton Moody and Frances "Peachy" Cook as her parents, yet that conflicts with other's research.
              >
              > Anyone else researching this line that can help would be appreciated.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Gwen

            • Gwen Zimmerman
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 28, 2009
                Hi Jim,

                It is so nice to connect with others from this line.  Guess we are all related, even if distantly.

                I just started with the genealogy and am building my family slowly as I have already made mistakes with ancestry.com and lost whole line a couple of times.  My particular hang up is if Wilton Moody and Peachy Cook Moody are indeed Margaret's parents.  I see a case on both sides and maybe will never know for sure.  I would love to have anything.  I am trying to post many photos on the ancestry site to make a booklet for my kids and grandkids.

                I also have some pictures - some are identified and some so faded that I can't read or were never identified.  These are ones that I know were from my grandmother so would have been that line.  I do have some from my mother's side of the family (all in the same box) but think I have those sorted out.

                I can make a photo album on the group site tomorrow and then if anyone wants to download them they are welcome to them.

                Are Tom Ward and his wife buried in Upper Spruce Cemetery?  I have been there but did not know who they were at that time.  I would love to have them, though as now I am learning so much about my roots and it has only been a month.  Wish I would have ask more questions of my grandmother.  Until this last month - had not even heard the name Moody and only the Frymier name because my brother did some research a couple of years ago.  Now I know all the names that you mentioned.

                Thanks,
                Gwen

                My name is Jim. My Freymeyer/Frymire/ Frymier connection is through
                my maternal grandmother. Her name was Fredda Brice Frymier-Rexroad,
                Daughter of Ernest H. Frymier and Lulu Michael-Frymier. Your great-grandmother (Francis V. Frymier-Ward) and my great-grandfather, Ernest H. Frymier, were brother and sister.
                I don't know what information you have but on the Frymier line I
                gaps. I don't have any information on the Moody line and what little
                I have names Wilton Moody and Peachy Cook as the parents of Elizabeth Margaret Moody (which seems to conflict with others research). But,
                I am willing to share what I have. I also got some photographs of
                Frymier graves on my last trip to West Virginia in September of this
                year. In particular, I have photos of the graves of Francis V. Frymier-Ward, her husband, and a few of their children. If you are
                interested, please let me know via the Frymire Family group or my
                email. I hope to hear from you.
                Jim

                --- In Frymire-Family_ Genealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "Gwen" <pocobam@... > wrote:

                > Hi All,
                >
                > My name is Gwen and I just got interested in genealogy when I started going through lots of really old photos that belonged to my grandmother and grandparents (on the other side of the family)- all from Ritchie County, WV. I have two calling cards that finally (in my mind) settled which spelling was right for my relatives - Frymier.
                >
                > My great grandmother was Francis (Sis) Virginia Frymier who married Thomas Floyd Ward.
                >
                > I am particularly interested in the parents of Margaret Elizabeth Moody - mother of Francis. I am finding Wilton Moody and Frances "Peachy" Cook as her parents, yet that conflicts with other's research.
                >
                > Anyone else researching this line that can help would be appreciated.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Gwen

              • Yvonne Stephens
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 29, 2009
                  Hello Jim...
                  I am Yvonne (Moody) Stephens..connection to Frymire:
                  Fountain Moody & Elnora/Helena (Frymire) Moody are my g-grandparents.
                  I noticed on your response to Gwen the statement on Wilton & Peachy Moody and the possibility that there is a dispute or at least a discussion that they were not Fountain & Margaret's parents...do you recall the researchers who are not complete convinced?  I sort of lean that way..
                  Thank you...Yvonne

                  My name is Jim. My Freymeyer/Frymire/ Frymier connection is through
                  my maternal grandmother. Her name was Fredda Brice Frymier-Rexroad,
                  Daughter of Ernest H. Frymier and Lulu Michael-Frymier. Your great-grandmother (Francis V. Frymier-Ward) and my great-grandfather, Ernest H. Frymier, were brother and sister.
                  I don't know what information you have but on the Frymier line I
                  gaps. I don't have any information on the Moody line and what little
                  I have names Wilton Moody and Peachy Cook as the parents of Elizabeth Margaret Moody (which seems to conflict with others research). But,
                  I am willing to share what I have. I also got some photographs of
                  Frymier graves on my last trip to West Virginia in September of this
                  year. In particular, I have photos of the graves of Francis V. Frymier-Ward, her husband, and a few of their children. If you are
                  interested, please let me know via the Frymire Family group or my
                  email. I hope to hear from you.
                  Jim

                  --- In Frymire-Family_ Genealogy@ yahoogroups. com, "Gwen" <pocobam@... > wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > My name is Gwen and I just got interested in genealogy when I started going through lots of really old photos that belonged to my grandmother and grandparents (on the other side of the family)- all from Ritchie County, WV. I have two calling cards that finally (in my mind) settled which spelling was right for my relatives - Frymier.
                  >
                  > My great grandmother was Francis (Sis) Virginia Frymier who married Thomas Floyd Ward.
                  >
                  > I am particularly interested in the parents of Margaret Elizabeth Moody - mother of Francis. I am finding Wilton Moody and Frances "Peachy" Cook as her parents, yet that conflicts with other's research.
                  >
                  > Anyone else researching this line that can help would be appreciated.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Gwen

                • rexroad57
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2009
                    Yvonne,
                    Hello. I'm sorry I don't recall the researchers that aren't convinced
                    about Margaret and Fountain's parents. I thought I had it saved on
                    my computer files, but I can't find it.
                    I'll have to get back to researching that side of my family tree
                    more. If I find anything, I'll post it on this site.
                    Good luck with your genealogy research.

                    Jim