Re: [Frymire-Family_Genealogy] Williamsport, Pa. Frymire's

  • Norma Davis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2007
      Re: [Frymire-Family_Genealogy] Williamsport, Pa. Frymire's Hello Jeffrey
      If your Frymire ancestors were from Williamsport, PA, you really need to contact Carolyn Frymire Betts – ASAP --3172 Kellyburg Road, Trout Run, PA  17771-8886 Telephone 717 478-7023 .  Carolyn is 85 but does have e-mail CIFBETTS@...

      I haven’ t talked to her since Christmas but she was doing well and still working on the family trees.

      While the Williamsport area Frymires and the WV Frymire’s all seem to go back to Michael Frymeyer — all all the variant spellings — who was a 1709er into New York, Carolyn and I haven’t totally connected our two groups.
      Michael and Johann Michael are pretty well documented from Germany to NY in Henry (Hank) Jones books about the Palatine Immigrants.  http://www.hankjones.com

      I actually have copies of a lot of Carolyn’s research but can’t put my hands on that particular box at this moment.
      Happy ancestor hunting

      Norma Davis
      RD 2 Box 114
      Pennsboro, WV  26415
      304 659-2249

      9/28/07 10:52 PMJeff Frymirefcogcommish@...

      Hello All,

      I have just found this site and was excited to have a place to try and
      find out some things about my ancestry. My grandfather, Scott Frymire,
      was born and raised in Williamsport, Pa. around the turn of the
      century. I have met very few of my relatives there but I am interested
      in looking at my family ancestry. My Uncle Warren Frymire recently
      passed away and I have inherited the family genealogical information.
      I'm not quite sure what to do with it or how to follow it up. I am
      currently living in Pasadena, Ca. while attending seminary so, getting
      back to Pa. will take a while. If anyone has any tips for how to go
      about looking into this, let me know. Thanks

      Rev. Jeffrey W. Frymire