Breaking News! Rumsfeld under fire, testify amidst protests

  • Alternative
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2004

      Frontlines

      The newspaper of the Left

      http://www.sf-frontlines.com

      Rumsfeld Under Fire, Testify amidst Protests

      This report will be updated throughout the day

      Washington, DC -- US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld has extended his "deepest apologies" to Iraqi prisoners abused by US military personnel and told Congress he accepts full responsibility for the shocking events.

      His testimony on Friday was interrupted by a group of Anti-Rumsfeld protestors who shouted slogans calling on Rumsfeld to be sacked.

      ’"Fire Rumsfeld," some yelled, while others called him a war criminal.

      Read more...

      http://www.sf-frontlines.com

      How to Get Out of Iraq

      Published on Thursday, May 6, 2004 by The Nation

      by Jonathan Schell

      In the debate over the Iraq war, a new-minted fragment of conventional wisdom has fixed itself in the minds of mainstream politicians and commentators.

      Whether or not it was right to go to war, we are told on all sides, the United States must now succeed in achieving its aims. In the words of John Kerry, "Americans differ about whether and how we should have gone to war, but it would be unthinkable now for us to retreat in disarray and leave behind a society deep in strife and dominated by radicals."

      Read more...

      http://www.sf-frontlines.com