FRONTLINES: Latest international, US and SF local articles NOW online
FRONTLINES, the newspaper of the Left
Daily online, Monthly in print.
BY Simon Morales
What do we ALL know now?
What those of us in the antiwar movement were saying more than a year ago is now a mainstream assumption: George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and Colin Powell duped Americans with lies about Iraq’s Weapons of Mass Destruction, the Saddam-Al Quad connection, the Iraq-911 connection, the programs for biological, chemical and nuclear weapons allegedly in the hands of Saddam Hussein and the “immediacy of a threat.”
These lies made the “preemptive war doctrine” credible to post 9/11 frightened Americans. (Read the complete article at
Are they terrorists, insurgents, “outsiders” or homegrown resistance to the illegal occupation?
By Sebastian Robles
BAGHDAD, Iraq - This is the third rail of discussion of US policies when it comes to discussing the conquest and occupation of Iraq. It is a theme that both Republicans and Democrats will NOT address as neither will address the basic question: do the Iraqis have the right to oppose the US/British occupation and demand the US-led Occupation Forces leave their country without conditions and immediately?
Do the inhabitants of an occupied country have the right to defend it against the occupiers by any means necessary? (Read the complete article at:
By Simon Morales
US President George Bush has named what he calls a "bipartisan" commission to investigate intelligence failures in Iraq.
In a hastily arranged appearance in a White House press briefing, Bush named Democratic Senator Charles Robb and a pro-Republican appeals court judge, Laurence Silberman, as the chairpersons.
(Read the complete article at:
Click on the links below to read the documents
for San Francisco's New Progressive Left Movement
* Text of the Call for the Conference and the Points of Unity
Includes forms for endorsement and pre-registration. Initial list of organizations sponsoring the event.
* Agenda for the Conference
Themes; Issues; Panels; Candidates; Propositions; Plan of Action; Discussions...
* Draft Platform for San Francisco's New Progressive Left Movement
Immigrant Rights; Neighborhood Empowerment; Housing and Tenants Rights; Progressive Taxation; Health Care; Education & Youth; Environmental Justice; Civil Rights; War & Peace...
· En Español: Llamado a la Conferencia y Puntos de Unidad
Incluye las formas para patrocinar la Conferencia y pre-registrarse. Lista inicial de organizaciones participantes.
By Jesse Powell
Last February 11 marked the 25th Anniversary of the Iranian Revolution that toppled the US puppet Shah Reza Pahlavi in 1979, and the ultimate creation of the Islamic Revolutionary Republic that stands today.
This comes in the midst of an election crisis in which some 3000 candidates from the Iranian ballots to be voted upon on February 20th of this year were barred from participating. (Read the complete article at:
Newswire (updated daily):
· Iraq: No let-up in anti-occupation attacks (Feb 17, 2004)
· Haiti: Mass demonstrations, armed insurrection... civil war? ( Feb 16, 2004)
· Fred Magdoff: A Precarious Existence: The Fate of Billions?
( Feb 15, 2004)
· British soldiers face new charges of Iraq brutality ( Feb 15, 2004)
· Independents join Iran election boycott. Over 3600 reformist candidates have been banned (Feb 14, 2004)
· Green Party: "We have emerged as the electoral arm of the movement to globalize democracy and workers' rights" ( Feb 14, 2004)
· John Le Carre, Nadime Gordimer, Paul Theroux, Harold Pinter and 13 other famed authors against the War and Occupation (Feb 14, 2004)
· Iraqi police hit in daring resistance raid; 100 prisoners freed ( Feb 14, 2004)
· Brian Cloughley: Our Imperial Leader has Spoken ( Feb 13, 2004)
· Scott Taylor reports from Iraq: Boom and bust in Iraq; strange economy ( Feb 13, 2004)
Visit us often at http://www.sf-frontlines.com as we publish new articles every day!
VOTE ON MARCH 2!
Primary Elections, Frontlines Progressive Left Endorsements and Recommendations
* SF Green County Council (Central Committee)
* 8th Congressional District
* 12th Congressional District
* President of the U.S.
* SF Local Propositions
* California State Initiatives
* The REALLY bad guys running for DCCC