What's News at Frontlines: New articles

  • Alternative
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 24, 2004
      FRONTLINES, the newspaper of the Left
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com

      New Articles just published!

      ++++
      The Gonzalez Campaign: A Necessary Balance-sheet
      By Carlos Petroni

      We have purposely delayed this balance-sheet. We wanted the main actors
      of the drama to speak for themselves before we spoke about them and the
      historic events of the last three months of last year's political life
      in the City.

      Read the complete article at:
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com

      +++
      For a Green Presidential Campaign in 2004
      By Howie Hawkins

      "I have no interest in a third party candidacy. None," says Kucinich. "I
      want to do it the other way -- bring third party candidates into the
      {Democratic] Party and get support in the primaries."
      -- Ruth Conniff, "The Peace Candidate," The Progressive, April 2003

      [Kucinich] recently told the Cleveland Plain Dealer: "The Democratic
      Party created third parties by running to the middle. What I'm trying to
      do is to go back to the big tent so that everyone who felt alienated
      could come back through my candidacy."
      -- CounterPunch, April 2003

      Read the complete article at:
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com
      +++

      Greens speak up: The Regime We Must Change is Bipartisan
      By Howie Hawkins and Ron Ehrenreich

      Can peace and freedom activists resist wars abroad and repression at
      home by supporting a presidential candidate who supports war and
      repression?

      One would think that the answer to that question would be obviously no!
      Yet Paul Street and Michael Albert answer yes in the November 2003
      Syracuse Peace Council Newsletter.

      Read the complete article at:
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com
      +++
      Bush's Iraq: an appointocracy

      Washington wants carefully selected groups to do its bidding. Iraqis
      marching in the streets want the vote
      By NAOMI KLEIN

      'The people of Iraq are free," declared U.S. President George W. Bush in
      Tuesday's Stateof the Union address. The day before, 100,000 Iraqis
      begged to differ.

      They took to the streets of Baghdad shouting "Yes, yes to elections. No,
      no to selection."

      Read the complete article at:
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com
      +++
      The Avocado Declaration (Part1)
      By Peter Camejo
      INTRODUCTION

      The Green Party is at a crossroads. The 2004 elections place before us a
      clear and unavoidable choice. On one side, we can continue on the path
      of political independence, building a party of, by and for the people by
      running our own campaign for President of the United States. The other
      choice is the well-trodden path of lesser-evil politics, sacrificing our
      own voice and independence to support whoever the Democrats nominate in
      order, we are told, to defeat Bush.

      Read the complete article at:
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com
      +++
      George Bush will have caused the poisoning of hundreds of thousands
      By Frederick Sweet

      When this war ends, George Bush will have caused the poisoning of
      hundreds of thousands more humans than he said Saddam Hussein poisoned.

      In its 110,000 air raids against Iraq, the US A-10 Warthog aircraft
      launched 940,000 depleted uranium shells, and in the land offensive, its
      M60, M1 and M1A1 tanks fired a further 4,000 larger caliber also uranium
      shells. The Bush administration and the Pentagon said there is no danger
      to American troops or Iraqi civilians from breathing the uranium oxide
      dust produced in depleted uranium (DU) weapons explosions.

      Read the complete article at:
      http://www.sf-frontlines.com

      Coming soon:

      * New print edition of Frontlines.

      * We will be dramatically updating our Spanish language pages