Victory for the Left in 2003? The historic SF Mayoral Election
- FRONTLINES, the newspaper of the Left
The complete story of the historical November 4, San Francisco Mayoral
Election. The election where the left has a shot at winning the first
major victory one of the most important political and urban centers of
ARTICLES ON MATT GONZALEZ, THE CANDIDATE OF THE BROAD LEFT:
* Matt: Why I'm running
The candidate of the Green Party and the Broad Left explains why he took
on the establishment.
* What Matt Stands for? Progressive Economics, Radical Democracy, Social
* Matt on Building the Movement, Party, Elections and Candidates
ARTICLES ON OTHER CANDIDATES AND ISSUES:
* Who is Gavin Newsom? The danger of corporate welfare, anti-poor
legislation, and City's chaos and ungovernability
Gavin Newsom is the favorite among a pack of candidates favored by big
businesses and the local Democratic Party machine.
* Why and How Tom Ammiano Lost his Thunder...
The former standard bearer of the Democratic Party's left rapidly moving
to the center, left behind the left, trade unions, tenants and
* San Francisco Mayoral Political Dictionary 101
Why neo-liberals, liberals and even right wingers feel obliged to call
themselves "progressives" in San Francisco?
* Will Willie Brown and the political machine be gone on November 4?
Is it just the man or is it the machinery?
* Which Mayoral Candidates are willing to Support Democracy? The Right
to Vote for Non-Citizens.
* 2003 SF Mayoral Election: The Betrayal and Lies of the Bay Guardian
and Bruce Brugman
How and why the most liberal commercial weekly in town betrayed its own
staff and readers and endorsed a center-right millionaire for mayor.
* Why are the CP, CofC, ISO and WWP not supporting a left victory in the
SF Mayoral election? And what the heck does that alphabet soup mean,
* SF Greens Mayoral forum: Democrats, Demo-Greens, Greens...
The story of how the Democratic Party infiltrated the Greens and why.
* Matt Gonzalez got the overwhelming nod from Green Party, Demogreens
How the local Greens beat back the Democratic Party attempts to destroy
it. Maybe is a lesson there that others may learn.
Read all these articles at: