Immigrant Pride Day 2002

  • Alternative
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2002
      MORE THAN 50 ORGANIZATIONS TO SPONSOR IMMIGRANT PRIDE DAY 2002
      MORE THAN 100 ARTISTS AND PERFORMERS IN TWO STAGES THROUGHOUT THE DAY
      OVER 100 BOOTHS AND TABLES WITH INFORMATION
      WORSHOPS, SPEECHES, POLITICAL CAMPAIGNS AND COMMUNITY DISCUSSIONS
      PLEASE, FIND BELOW DESCRIPTION OF EVENT AND COUPON TO ENDORSE!

      Immigrant Pride Day 2002
      Día de la Raza/Día de los pueblos indígenas
      Saturday, October 12, 10 am – 5 pm

      More than ever, papers for all!
      Unconditional amnesty for all undocumented workers

      Solidarity with the people of the world under attack and with the
      immigrants at home under siege by the Patriot Act and other reactionary
      legislation.
      Against Racism, profiling and discrimination.
      Defending our rights in the workplace and in the communities.

      Dear Friends:

      After September 11, we saw the unleashing of an anti-immigrant hysteria
      in the United States expressed in incidents of hate crimes, arrests
      without cause, raiding of homes and communities and reactionary
      legislation such as the Patriot Act. The Office of Homeland Security has
      just been created, threatening everyone’s civil rights, international
      students are harassed, talks of a general amnesty were shun and
      forgotten. Airport immigrant workers are being fired, while many jobs at
      the state and federal level, and in companies doing businesses with the
      state, are being taken away from immigrants and immigrant workers in
      general are being discriminated and suffering the brunt of the
      recession.

      At the same time, from Africa to Asia to Latin America, our homelands
      and countries are being put under suspicion. From Colombia to Yemen and
      from Argentina to Mexico to the Middle East, the interventionist
      policies of the Bush administration are jeopardizing our people there
      and creating discrimination and hate here.

      For years we have worked together to extend full civil rights to
      all immigrants. It is now the time to continue the struggle and call for
      the legalization of all undocumented immigrant workers. Our communities
      need the right to work, the access to social and educational services,
      labor protections and the right to organize into unions, the right of
      mobility and the right of re-unification with their families. Our
      communities have been in the invisibility zone for too long and are now
      being accused unfairly of terrorism. Immigrants are not terrorists,
      they are workers and families that contribute to society.

      Community organizations, community activists, civil rights
      advocates, unions, churches, etc. need to come together and express our
      solidarity and continue the struggle for immigrant rights. This is why
      we invite you to be part of Immigrant Pride Day 2002, a cultural and
      political festival to take place on October 12, from 11 to 5 pm, on 24th
      Street in the Mission District of San Francisco.

      Please, fill the endorsement form attached and lets start working
      together in this crucial event.

      In struggle,

      Berta Hernandez
      Immigrant Pride Day 2002 Organizing Committee
      Immigrant Rights Movement (MDI)

      Immigrant Pride Day
      2002
      Día de la Raza/Día de los pueblos indígenas
      Saturday, October 12, 11 am – 4 pm
      More than ever, papers for all!
      Unconditional amnesty for all undocumented workers

      Solidarity with the people of the world under attack and with the
      immigrants at home under siege by the Patriot Act and other reactionary
      legislation.
      Against Racism, profiling and discrimination.
      Defending our rights in the workplaces and in the communities.

      Name of the organization: _______________________________________

      Contact Person: _______________________________________________

      Address: _____________________________________________________

      Phone: ____________________ Fax: _______________________

      E-mail: _____________________________

      [ ] Yes, we sponsor San Francisco Immigrant Pride Day 2002, please
      accept my contribution of $500.00. This will guarantee that your
      organization’s name will be PROMINENTLY featured in our literature,
      announced from the stage at the event, and will have a table and two
      chairs.

      [ ] Yes, we endorse San Francisco Immigrant Pride Day 2002, please
      accept my contribution of $300.00. This will guarantee that your
      organization’s name will be featured in our literature, announced from
      the stage at the event, and will have a table and two chairs.

      [ ] Yes, we support Immigrant Pride Day 2002, please accept my
      contribution of $100.00. This will guarantee a table and two chairs at
      the event.

      [ ] Yes, I support the event. Here is my INDIVIDUAL contribution of
      $______ to help with organizing the event.

      [ ] Yes, my organization will help with volunteers for outreach,
      preparations of the event, etc.

      Please make check or money order payable to Instituto Familiar de la
      Raza, Inc. and send it to 2919 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110
      Attention: Immigrant Pride Day 2002

      You may fax this coupon to: (415) 337-5113
      OR EMAIL IT TO: alternative@...