Re: [FrontlinesNewspaper] Pig's Blood Thrown at SF Mosque

  • jvhobson@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 13, 2001
      We all have a special responsibility at this crucial time to avoid reacting out of blind fury and scapegoating others. For example, lashing out randomly at -say- Muslims at home and abroad will have no other effect than to create a self perpetuating cycle of hatred and revenge where the vast majority of victims on all "sides" are innocent.
          We must wait until we know exactly who is responsible and focus our efforts against them and only them as much as humanly possible.  Otherwise we become indistinguishable from the terrorists we despise, and create the Third World War that we still have the power to avoid.              -Jim Hobson  San Francisco