SF Tenants Union Appeal

  • SF Frontlines Newspaper
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2001
      SOME SF SUPERVISORS NEED SOME PUSHING

      Apparently, the SFTU (SF Tenants Union) characterizes that some Supervisors need an extra push to be convinced to support tenant issues.  Here is a text of a recent communication we received:

      "We need some help to contact our members in the key Supe Districts so we can
      pressure Supervisors Leno, Maxwell and Sandoval to keep their campaign
      promises to protect tenants from TIC-type condo conversion evictions.
      Besides coming to the vote at City Hall on Monday, 6/4, at 2 PM, we need
      this help:

      "Mailing Party, Thursday, May 31, 4 PM at SFTU, 558 Capp
      Food and Drink provided!

      "Phonebanking

      "From now until Sunday 6/3 (special focus over the weekend)
      You can do this from here at the TU or from your home--we'll provide you a
      phone list and a script. Call 282-5525 or mailto:mudpuppy1@..."

      So, dear readers ...act and act now!  If you have no time to go to the SFTU to help with phone calls you may request the phone list from them and do it from your home.

      Frontlines Staff