Next SOMAD Meeting

  • SoMAD
    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2001
      The next meeting of SoMAD (South of Market Anti-Displacement)
      Coalition
      will be:

      Date: Thursday, May 17th
      Time: 5 PM
      Location: 105 7th St. (@ Mission), GP/TODCO

      PLEASE COME AND SHARE YOUR VIEWS on the issues that affect SoMa's
      future!!!!!

      Proposed Agenda:

      -Update on MidMarket Redev. & Projects Comm.
      -Where do things stand? Where are we in the timeline?
      -How to deal with financial realities?
      -How does Project Comm. recommend. relate to Implementation
      Plan?
      (Somad's proposal vs. available funding)

      -SOMPAC
      -What is SOMAD's relation to SOMPAC?
      -Attend meetings?

      -Long-Term Zoning in SOMA
      -Community meeting regarding history of 1990 rezoning, what's
      good/bad about it, how Soma is zoned, and what we think needs to
      be addressed?
      -Impact of L/W legislation (Lofts as housing?)

      -Guidelines for SOMAD and Developments
      -How do we decide to get involved? What are our criteria?
      -MMarket Condo. development & 5th/Howard High Rise

      -Grant Building Update
      -Does Grant Building owners outreach to nonprofits change its
      relation
      to SOMAD?

      -Misc.
      -Six month Plan for SoMAD?
      -What do we want to accomplish?
      -City Budget process (Do we want to expand our advocacy?)

      -Website/Media Strategy
      -How to proactively use the media.
      -Next Steps