FTAA, WTO, WB, IMF? Want to Know More?

  • SF Frontlines Newspaper
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 18, 2001

      INTERESTED IN KNOWING MORE ABOUT THE FTAA,
      THE WTO, THE WB, THE IMF ...?

      You probably heard about them.  The Free Trade Agreement of the Americas (FTAA), World Trade Organization (WTO) and the other acronyms ... you probably heard that it will be tens of thousands of tradeunionists and environmentalists, and youth protesting the FTAA meeting in Quebec this coming weekend.

      You probably heard that it will be a demo this weekend in San Francisco in solidarity with the protests in Quebec.  So, maybe you are a little intrigued about knowing more about these institutions that generate so much opposition?  We just posted in our online edition 9 articles about the FTAA, the IMF, the WTO, the World Bank and so on ... That will give some idea of why we are opposing them.

      Just go to our opening screen at www.sf-frontlines.com and click the graphic that says "Smash the FTAA" ...

      Frontlines Staff