So I'm down at the Department of Elections...

  • abelmouton@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2000
      ...when who should walk in but SF District Attorney Terence Hallinan.
      He was there to sign some papers and find out what the spending limit
      was for the 2003 elections for DA. Hallinan lives in Cole Valley, soI
      asked him who he supported in the runoff for District 5 Supervisor.

      "Gonzalez," said Hallinan, without hesitiation.

      Even after the race for DA last year?

      "I don't hold a grudge, besides, Juanita's too conservative for that
      neighborhood. It's the most progressive district in the City. Well,
      except for maybe the Mission."

      Does it bug Hallinan that Matt left the Democratic Party?

      "Nah, it's a non-partisan race. Anyway, the Party doesn't mean
      anything except around election time."

      But here you are raising money for a race that's three years away.