New Member - with a request

  • postmaster@scifidimensions.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2001
      Hello!

      My name is John C. Snider. I edit an online magazine
      (www.scifidimensions.com) and use FP98 for my web design. I am NOT a
      professional web designer, but I'm looking to learn quick and easy
      ways to vastly improve my load times - and layout.

      Presumably most of you are adept at FP. If you could visit my site
      and critique it for me, I would be greatly appreciative. Feel free
      to post those criticisms in this forum - I have a thick skin.

      I have a feeling that many visitors to my site might have been put
      off by the slow load times. I have fast access and a pretty fast
      processor, so it's hard for me to recreate others' experience.

      I look forward to hearing from you.

      Thanks,
      John C. Snider
      www.scifidimensions.com
    • tulk@netzero.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2001
        I think you did a fine job. I run on a 28.8 and the load time seemed
        reasonable. Nice site.

        Regards,
        Dave Tulk
        www.frontpagedatabase.com

        --- In FrontPageUsers@y..., postmaster@s... wrote:
        > Hello!
        >
        > My name is John C. Snider. I edit an online magazine
        > (www.scifidimensions.com) and use FP98 for my web design. I am NOT
        > professional web designer, but I'm looking to learn quick and easy
        > ways to vastly improve my load times - and layout.
        >
        > Presumably most of you are adept at FP. If you could visit my site
        > and critique it for me, I would be greatly appreciative. Feel free
        > to post those criticisms in this forum - I have a thick skin.
        >
        > I have a feeling that many visitors to my site might have been put
        > off by the slow load times. I have fast access and a pretty fast
        > processor, so it's hard for me to recreate others' experience.
        >
        > I look forward to hearing from you.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > John C. Snider
        > www.scifidimensions.com
      • Sam
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2001
          Hi John, I think you did a great job on the site. You say you're not a web
          designer but you have done a job that is better than some web designers have
          done!

          I see you live in Roswell. I wanted to say hi from a Canton Girl :-)

          Custom Web Design you can afford!
          http://www.MaxxWebs.com (or)
          http://www.GeorgiaWebsiteDesigns.com
          Active Member www.Merchant911.org

          ---
        • David Tulk
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 25, 2001
            Message
            I'll second that! I think you did a great job.

            Regards,
            Dave Tulk
            Webmaster

            Hi John,  I think you did a great job on the site. You say you're not a web
            designer but you have done a job that is better than some web designers have
            done!

            I see you live in Roswell.  I wanted to say hi from a Canton Girl :-)

            Custom Web Design you can afford!
                 http://www.MaxxWebs.com    (or)
            http://www.GeorgiaWebsiteDesigns.com
            Active Member www.Merchant911.org

            ---

            FrontPage:  What do you want to create today?