Curious: What does blockquote mean?

  • political science
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
      When I convert a heavily formatted document, I get a lot of extra spaces
      and narrow columns. The only way to get rid of them is to delete
      "blockquotes" from the html view. My question is, what does that mean?
      I asked the help section, and it didn't have it listed. Why does it do
      that, and how can I stop it in the future, or is it just a permanent
      nuisance?

      Thanks.
      polisci

      --
    • Joo Hang Cha
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2000
        The <blockquote> tag "indents" the contents enclosed by the tag from both
        left margin and right margin.

        Try it out and you will easily get the idea.

        ============
        Joo Hang Cha <joohang@...> <mailto:joohang@...>
        Microsoft MVP, MCP
        --------------------------
        Internet Explorer Center --- http://www.ie4.com/
        Site Builder FAQ --- http://faq.ie4.com/
        --------------------------
        "Not to worry 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these
        I won't be made useless. I won't be idled with despair"
        - Jewel "Hands"

        When I convert a heavily formatted document, I get a lot of extra spaces
        and narrow columns. The only way to get rid of them is to delete
        "blockquotes" from the html view. My question is, what does that mean?
        I asked the help section, and it didn't have it listed. Why does it do
        that, and how can I stop it in the future, or is it just a permanent
        nuisance?

        Thanks.
        polisci

        Take your development to new heights. Work with clients like Dell and
        pcOrder. Submit your resume to jobs@.... Visit us at
        http://click.egroups.com/1/4358/9/_/576061/_/960397288/

        FrontPage: What do you want to create today?