front page on vista

  • chaparral2452
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
      Just upgraded my pc and going from windows me to vista. here is my
      problem. On the old system I could go and edit my web page on line by
      just typing the web address in the open web, web folders screen. Now
      it first tells me that the folder is not accessable. I click ok and
      then tells invalid format for folder name. How do I get to where I was
      in my ME setup? This is the same program just different system.
    • TinaClarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2007
        Just upgraded my pc and going from windows me to vista. here is my
        > problem. On the old system I could go and edit my web page on line by
        > just typing the web address in the open web, web folders screen. Now
        > it first tells me that the folder is not accessable. I click ok and
        > then tells invalid format for folder name. How do I get to where I was
        > in my ME setup? This is the same program just different system.

        Hi ...

        your better off joining another fp group this one just get's sp*am.

        Which version of fp are you using?

        File | Open | on the pop up box click 'Web Folders' on the left hand menu
        (or it might be My Network Places - depending on the version of frontpage
        your using)
        Insert the url of the site you wish to open
        e.g.: http://accessfp.net/

        Click ok

        A box will appear asking for your username and password insert these press
        ok

        In FrontPage, open the folder list (Alt + F1) so you know when the site will
        appear.

        hth Tina
        http://accessfp.net/ - FrontPage Tutorials
        http://anyfrontpage.com/ - http://frontpage-ebooks.com/