Question please

  • Finesigns
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
      I have created a site in FP for a local non-profit parrot rescue. www.lilysanctuary.org  The director wants to be able to add things to the site from his computer, and I am pretty sure that is not possible, as all the files are on my PC, and I usually add and update a few times per month. He is sure (he is does not have any web or FP experience, but has FP on his PC) he can add things when ever he wants to from his location, and I am sure (in my mind) he can not without EVERY file and update uploaded to the site from my PC on his PC. Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks, Laura
    • Tina Clarke
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2006
        I have created a site in FP for a local non-profit parrot rescue.
        www.lilysanctuary.org The director wants to be able to add things to the
        site from his computer, and I am pretty sure that is not possible, as all
        the files are on my PC, and I usually add and update a few times per month.
        He is sure (he is does not have any web or FP experience, but has FP on his
        PC) he can add things when ever he wants to from his location, and I am sure
        (in my mind) he can not without EVERY file and update uploaded to the site
        from my PC on his PC. Can someone clarify this for me? Thanks, Laura

        Do you have fpse (frontpage server extensions) enabled on the server? Do you
        publish or FTP?

        If you have FPSE on the server all he has to do is use fp to open the site
        live (using his username and pw to open it) and publish the site back down
        to his hd... work on it there and then publish to the server....

        if there are two of you using the site ... you will need dl the site to your
        hd before making any changes...then publish back up ... and he will have to
        do the same so you don't over write each others work.... there is a faclity
        within fp to work togther it's in site settings and uses document check in
        and check out read more about that in the help.

        or you could work on it live and publish to your hd for a back up and so
        could he which might be the easier route but not recommended as any mistakes
        are real time and it takes longer.

        The site is on the server as well as on your hd ..... it exists at the
        moment in two places..

        Tina

        http://accessfp.net/ - FrontPage Tutorials
        http://anyfrontpage.com/ - http://frontpage-ebooks.com/