Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Kamstra-Bangma (very long / erg lang)

  • christina sigman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002

      On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:50:08
      Erik Oosterwal wrote:
      >christina sigman wrote:
      >>
      >> Roelof,
      >> Thanks for the information. Looks like I will have to do more research and corrections on this family!
      >> Christina Sigman
      >> --
      >>
      >> On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 14:26:21
      >> roelof varkevisser wrote:
      >> >Christina,
      >> >
      >> >Children of Haaye Klaazes and Gertje Sikkes (here with one e)
      >> >Tryntje * 8-7-1779 ~18-7-1779
      >> >Klaas * 23-5-1761 ~10-6-1761
      >> >Tryntje * 10-1-1785 ~ 30-1-1785
      >> >Antje * 6-11-1787 ~ 2-12-1787
      >> >Houkjen * 22-2-1793 ~ 17-3-1793
      >> >
      >> >There where no last names
      >> >From Dtb 827, Witmarsum
      >> >
      >> >Roelof

      Roelof,
      Thanks for all the trouble you went through preparing this E-mail. I appreciate it!
      The Kamstra name was in my genealogy which was copied from relatives who did a lot of research in Friesland. I suppose there was quite a bit of confusion when everyone had to get a last name. Possibly other last names were used before 1811. Supposedly all this information was found in the original records, especially the information which has a full date and place. It is very possible the Kamstra name was used before 1811. The only way to find out is to search the original records to find out where the information came from. Thanks again for your help!
      Christina Sigman

      >| Erik Oosterwal - Data Acquisition Engineer | ||O||| 6
      >| oosteep @ sjtc whirlpool com | |O|O|| 7
      >| http://www.geocities.com/oosterwal | ||||O| 8
      >| My views may not coincide with the views of my employer. | |||||| 9

      See Dave Matthews Band live or win a signed guitar
      http://r.lycos.com/r/bmgfly_mail_dmb/http://win.ipromotions.com/lycos_020201/splash.asp