Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Re: Antje Hendriks

    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 1, 2002
      Scott (and others)

      That same thought crossed my mind earlier, so I did a search on Ryksargyf
      (both marriages and deaths) on *ren Boonstra and *ren Oosterman, with only
      one hit that might fit:
      Man: Sybren Dirks Boonstra
      Vrouw: Aaltie Philippus
      Datum: 15 april 1827 Akte nr. 31
      But no, this Sybren Dirks Boonstra died in Leeuwarden at the age of 53 in
      1846, so he must have been 18 years old in 1811.
      There is a name registration for a Dirk Boonstra in 1811, but he doesn't
      have a son by the name of Sybren/Syberen/Siebren/Sieberen.

      So I'm at a loss here :-(
      Could it be possible that this Sieberen died in the period between the
      completion of the namesregistration and the official introduction of civil
      registration?

      Good luck on this one!

      Nynke.

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 1, 2002
        You're very welcome Scott, just let me know if you need any other
        help in translating!

        Marja