Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Arlene de Boer-Renkema

  • Cornelius Boekema
    Message 1 of 30 , Mar 3 7:44 AM
      Hallo Cor,
      Ik geloof dat je vraag bedoeld is voor Michel Dalstra die in het Engels schreef, en niet aan mij die hem ook om gegevens vroeg (waar Lukas Cazemier mij al op heeft geantwoord ondertussen). Veel sukses.
      Cor(nelius) Boekema

    • c. jacobi
      Message 2 of 30 , Mar 3 11:58 PM
        Hallo Michel,

        The ancestors of Arlene's husband and mine come together at Rienk Barelds DE BOER and Gooitske Wiebes DE JONG. Whereas you stated that in the Hellinga-Kooistra data -base you have some 243 ancestors of him, that also must imply that my ancestors belong to that group. Can we exchange some information in this matter? I have quite a large data-base myself with many Helling-Kooistras also. Hope to hear from you.
        Cor Jacobi.

        Message 3 of 30 , Mar 5 12:00 PM
          Hello Arlene and Cor,
          Bareld Rienks de Boer is also one of my ancestors. My name is Izaak
          Kijlstra, and I am the son of Harke Kijlstra and Foekje Dragstra. Foekje
          Dragstra is the daughter of Aize Dragstra and Baukje Jelles Veenstra.
          Baukje Jelles Veenstra was the daughter of Jelle Gurbes Veenstra and Hiltje
          Jans Faber. Hiltje Jans Faber was the daughter of Jan Wytzes Faber and
          Baukje Jacobs van der Molen. Baukje Jacobs van der Molen was the daughter
          of Jacob Derks van der Molen and Hiltje Barelds de Boer. Hiltje Barelds de
          Boer was the daughter of Bareld Rienks de Boer and Baukje Jans Sijtzema. A
          very large part of the genealogy is written in a book about the history of
          Rottevalle. In that book you can also find a photo of Bareld Rienks de
          Boer. If you do not have the book, I can make a scan for you.
          Greetings from Izaak Kijlstra
        • Hans & Rinske Van Brederode
          Message 4 of 30 , Mar 5 7:31 PM
            Hello Isaak,
            Even though I can not make a (immediate) connection with any of your ancestors
            I am very interested in a book about the history of Rottevalle. I have become
            stuck in my search of the van der Veen line in Rottevalle. The last info I have
            is of Aaltje Edzes widow of Marten Renzes taking the name of van der Veen for
            herself and her children. in 1811. They lived at # 93 in Rottevalle at the
            time. Does the book contain any info regarding those years and if so do you
            know where I can get a copy of it.
            Thanks for you help and greetings.
            Rinske van Brederode, van der Veen

            izaak kijlstra wrote:

            > From: izaak kijlstra <kijlstraizaak@...>
            >
            > Hello Arlene and Cor,
            > Bareld Rienks de Boer is also one of my ancestors. My name is Izaak
            > Kijlstra, and I am the son of Harke Kijlstra and Foekje Dragstra. Foekje
            > Dragstra is the daughter of Aize Dragstra and Baukje Jelles Veenstra.
            > Baukje Jelles Veenstra was the daughter of Jelle Gurbes Veenstra and Hiltje
            > Jans Faber. Hiltje Jans Faber was the daughter of Jan Wytzes Faber and
            > Baukje Jacobs van der Molen. Baukje Jacobs van der Molen was the daughter
            > of Jacob Derks van der Molen and Hiltje Barelds de Boer. Hiltje Barelds de
            > Boer was the daughter of Bareld Rienks de Boer and Baukje Jans Sijtzema. A
            > very large part of the genealogy is written in a book about the history of
            > Rottevalle. In that book you can also find a photo of Bareld Rienks de
            > Boer. If you do not have the book, I can make a scan for you.
            > Greetings from Izaak Kijlstra

            > Apply NOW!
            >
            > Genealogy yn Fryslân: http://members1.chello.nl/~a.stienstra/frgen/
            > (Let op het nieuwe adres!)
          • c. jacobi

              Message 6 of 30 , Mar 6 6:18 AM
                Hallo Isaak, Cor and Detje and everyone else.

                I am attaching my report of The Faber Genealogy as far as I have it. I had
                my genealogy program in a Dos program (Brother's Keeper) and I transferred it
                to a windows based program so I am not sure everything transferred over the
                right way, let me know if you have any questions.

                I have photocopies of the Rottevalle book and the Oudega book written by Mr.
                Bekkema, I still would like to purchase his books if they are still available
                and did he write any other books similar to those?

                Goodbye from Michigan, we have beautiful spring weather today.

                Arlene De Boer, Renkema

              • Lieko Helmus
                Message 7 of 30 , Mar 6 6:27 AM
                  Hallo Hallo,
                  Ik zie geen bijlage!!!

                  Liekele (Lieko) Helmus & Rinske Helmus-Deutekom
                  Siriusstraat 52, NL-1223 AP Hilversum, the Netherlands
                  31(0)35 6858 675 (+voicemail) fax 31(0)20 8848 931 fax2pc
                  icq 60503294 gsm not yet
                  lhelmus@...

                • Varkevisser, Roelof
                  Message 8 of 30 , Mar 6 6:36 AM
                    Bijlagen worden na een wat vervelend virus-geval standaard verwijderd.
                    Bijlagen zullen dus naar iemands directe e-mail adres moeten.

                    Roelof

                  • jan van der Meulen
                    Message 9 of 30 , Mar 6 8:09 AM
                      Hello Izaak,
                      I'm interested in the book you mentioned about Rottevalle. Could you give some information on the contents?
                      Jan van der Meulen.
                      > Bareld Rienks de Boer is also one of my ancestors. My name is Izaak
                      > Kijlstra, and I am the son of Harke Kijlstra and Foekje Dragstra. Foekje
                      > Dragstra is the daughter of Aize Dragstra and Baukje Jelles Veenstra.
                      > Baukje Jelles Veenstra was the daughter of Jelle Gurbes Veenstra and Hiltje
                      > Jans Faber. Hiltje Jans Faber was the daughter of Jan Wytzes Faber and
                      > Baukje Jacobs van der Molen. Baukje Jacobs van der Molen was the daughter
                      > of Jacob Derks van der Molen and Hiltje Barelds de Boer. Hiltje Barelds de
                      > Boer was the daughter of Bareld Rienks de Boer and Baukje Jans Sijtzema. A
                      > very large part of the genealogy is written in a book about the history of
                      > Rottevalle. In that book you can also find a photo of Bareld Rienks de
                      > Boer. If you do not have the book, I can make a scan for you.
                      > Greetings from Izaak Kijlstra

                      > Apply NOW!
                    • Detje van der Laan
                      Message 10 of 30 , Mar 6 1:28 PM
                        Hello Arlene

                        Your attachment is not coming over good, maybe you can send it personely?

                        Greetings
                        Detje van der Laan
                        detje@...
                        http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/3846
                        icq-nummer: 52257620

                      • ADeboer157@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 30 , Mar 6 2:12 PM
                          Detje, If you give me your address I will send it over to you. Sorry it did
                          not come over good.

                          Arlene De Boer-Renkema
                          Dorr Michigan
                        • Detje van der Laan
                          Message 12 of 30 , Mar 8 9:46 AM
                            Helle Arlene

                            My e-mail adres is also standing under this message, but here it coming
                            also: detje@...
                            Allready thanks
                            Detje van der Laan
                            detje@...
                            http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lake/3846
                            icq-nummer: 52257620
                            > Detje, If you give me your address I will send it over to you. Sorry it
                            did
                            > not come over good.
                            >
                            > Arlene De Boer-Renkema
                            > Dorr Michigan

                            > Genealogy yn Fryslân: http://members1.chello.nl/~a.stienstra/frgen/
                            > (Let op het nieuwe adres!)

                          • Sake Wagenaar
                            Message 13 of 30 , Mar 8 11:59 AM
                              Rinske,

                              The book about the history of Rottevalle ('Rottefalle troch de ieuwen hinne', by L. Atsma, K.J. Bekkema and H. Keuning) mentions nine persons adopting the name Van der Veen in 1812 (p. 292):

                              41. VAN DER VEEN, Eedsge Iemes, w. Rf. 103, tr. Rf. 1798: Akke Lieuwes, 4 b. (D.G.)
                              42. VAN DER VEEN, Hotze Jiskes, w. Rf. 2, tr. Rf. 1775: Lokke Alberts, 5 b. en 10 bb. (D.G.)
                              43. VAN DER VEEN, Janke Wieberens, w. Rf. 84, tr. Rf. 1758! Wobbe Libbes.
                              44. VAN DER VEEN, Jisk Hotzes, w. Rf., tr. Rf. 1800: Grietje Durks, 4 b.; ferklearret dat syn heit Hotze Jiskes van der Veen te Rottefalle wennet! (D.G.)
                              45. VAN DER VEEN, Jisk Jiskes, w. Rf. 17, tr. Rf. 1805: Pietje Roels (Van der Velde), 1 b. (D.G.)
                              46. VAN DER VEEN, Jogchum Jiskes, w. Rf. 159, tr. Smel.lân 1826!!: Trijntje Johannes (Blaauwwijkel), 1 b. (D.G.)
                              47. VAN DER VEEN, Lyske Jogchums, w. Rf. 18, tr. Rf. 1748: Jisk Hotzes (1725-1803), 5b en 29 bb. (D.G.)
                              48. VAN DER VEEN, Aatje Edzes, widdo Marten Renzes, w. Rf. 93, tr. Em. 1774, 4 b. en 12 bb. (N.H.)
                              49. VAN DER VEEN, Wieberen Wobbes, w. Rf. 67, tr. Rf. 1794: Stijntje Lammerts, 5 b. (N.H.)

                              Is it possible Aatje Edzes is related to Eedsge Iemes van der Veen? The book contains three pages (281-284) about the ancestors of Hotze Jiskes Van der Veen, but I didn't see the names you mentioned. I could give you more information if you like. Or did you already get hold of the book yourself?

                              With kind regards,

                              Sake Wagenaar

                              Message 14 of 30 , Mar 9 12:27 PM
                                Hello Arlene,
                                Can you please send your "Faber family" to my email adress
                                Kijlstraizaak@... ?
                                Last year I went to Rottevalle to find our roots. In the centre of the town
                                there is still a restaurant, the former herberg, named "Het wapen van
                                Smallingerland". My great-great-great-grandmother Hielkje Tsjerks van Dijk
                                (who was married to Wietze Jans Faber) was born in that herberg.
                                Message 15 of 30 , Mar 10 3:36 AM
                                  I Izaak, I will send you the Faber Genealogy next week. I am out of town
                                  untill Monday.

                                  Greetings,

                                  Arlene
                                • c. jacobi
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Mar 10 6:20 AM
                                    Hallo Arlene,

                                    Thanks for the Faber Genealogy. At first glance I find many connections, especially the Van der Werf names. They all belong to my mother's side. You mentioned having moved from Brother's Keeper (I use the same) to a Windows based program. If you are satisfied and the transfer was easy, would you mind telling me which program you now use? I'm interested.
                                    Greetings from Helmond in Holland,
                                    Cor.
                                    Hallo Isaak, Cor and Detje and everyone else.

                                    I am attaching my report of The Faber Genealogy as far as I have it. I had
                                    my genealogy program in a Dos program (Brother's Keeper) and I transferred it
                                    to a windows based program so I am not sure everything transferred over the
                                    right way, let me know if you have any questions.

                                    I have photocopies of the Rottevalle book and the Oudega book written by Mr.
                                    Bekkema, I still would like to purchase his books if they are still available
                                    and did he write any other books similar to those?

                                    Goodbye from Michigan, we have beautiful spring weather today.

                                    Arlene De Boer, Renkema

                                  • roel bosma
                                    Message 17 of 30 , Mar 10 1:06 PM
                                      Hallo Cor,
                                      Ik las in je bericht de naam vander Werf. Ik heb in 1996 enige tijd contact
                                      gehad met George vander Werf uit Brookvile Ont., Canada. Als je nadere
                                      informatie wilt: even een berichje.

                                      Vriendelijke groeten,

                                      Roel Bosma,
                                      e-mail : rbosma@...

                                    • ADeboer157@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 30 , Mar 12 3:39 AM
                                        Hallo Cor, I transferred from Brother's Keeper to Family Tree Maker. I am
                                        still using Brother's Keeper also this I am satisfied everything was done
                                        correctly. In Brother's Keeper if I didn;t know exact date I would put in
                                        1843/1859 or whatever date I knew the person was alive to the date I knew he
                                        had died. Family Tree Maker does not recognize dates with a "/" in it so all
                                        those dates did not transfer. As I have about 70000 names it will be a lot
                                        of work to go through it again. Also baptism dates does not have a specific
                                        field in Family Tree Maker. You can put it in Facts, but if you don't have a
                                        birth date and just the baptism date, the birth date will be blank and you
                                        have to klick on facts to see if there is a baptism, so I also have to put in
                                        an approximate birth date in the birth fields. Once you are going in Family
                                        Tree Maker I do like how it works. Escpecially here in the States. I have
                                        purchased the Social Security death indexes from 1937 to 1998, so I can find
                                        out a lot of death dates here in the States and Family Tree Maker works
                                        really good with that program.

                                        Greetings,
                                        Arlene De Boer-Renkema
                                      • Hans & Rinske Van Brederode
                                        Message 19 of 30 , Mar 12 11:13 AM
                                          Hello Arlene,
                                          I read with interest your comments regarding the difference between genealogy
                                          soft wares. At the moment I am using Ancestral Quest which I find very user
                                          friendly. Of course I have nowhere near your total of 70000 names. (How/where
                                          do you find the time?) The item that most piqued my interest was the fact that
                                          you have purchased the U.S. social Security death indexes from 1937 - 1998. Are
                                          these easy to come by for people not residing in the U.S. I have been trying to
                                          ascertain if an aunt of mine Ruby Kobes wife of Andries Kobes (1903-1992) and
                                          last living in West Palm Beach Fl. has passed away. She was born in or around
                                          Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada around 1913 but her maiden name is unknown to us.
                                          Would you be able to look in your listing for me?
                                          Thanks, and let me know what I can do for you. Rinske van Brederode-van der Veen

                                        • ADeboer157@aol.com
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Mar 12 1:16 PM
                                            Hallo Hans and Rinske. I did find your Andrew Kobes in the death index, but
                                            not Ruby Kobes. She is either still living, she could have married again and
                                            would have a different last name. Unfortunately the indexes go by married
                                            names so it is hard to find someone by a maiden name.
                                            I probably spend too time on my genealogy according to my husband but I love
                                            doing it. I go once a week to the Family History Library of the Mormon
                                            Church here in Grand Rapids. It is open to anyone including non-Mormons. In
                                            fact most of the people researching in that library are not Mormons. There
                                            are a lot of people of Dutch descent trying to trace their roots. We can get
                                            all of the Birth, Marriage and Death Indexes from Salt Lake City. Of course
                                            we have to order them all so it time consuming to get all the information. I
                                            have over 200 films there that I have ordered on a permanent basis and that
                                            is where I get most of my information. At the time I am going through all
                                            the Smallingerland Films and getting all the information that is on the films
                                            family and non family. Thistaking more time than I thought.
                                            I try to get to Leeuwarden once or twice a year to work in the archief over
                                            there. This is usualy in January with the Stallion Keuring of the Friese
                                            Paarden and in October with the merrie keuring.

                                            I will keep checking to see if I can find your aunt.

                                            Arlene
                                          • Jaap Niemeijer
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Mar 14 2:26 AM
                                              Hallo Rinske,
                                              Omdat ik sinds kort aangesloten ben op de Friesland-genealogie, zag ik jouw
                                              naam voorbijkomen in onderstaand bericht.
                                              Misschien weet je nog, dat ik (ook) op zoek ben naar een Kobes c.q.
                                              Kobus-familie. Je mailde mij daarover op 13 januari jl. Je verwees me naar
                                              Harry Hoeksema voor mogelijk meer informatie. Daar zijn wel meer gegevens
                                              boven water gekomen, maar de juiste aansluiting heb ik nog niet kunnen
                                              maken.
                                              Jij schreef mij, dat je probeerde om meer info te krijgen over de ouders van
                                              'jouw' Jan Jacobs Kobes. Uit het onderstaande bericht begrijp ik, dat je
                                              nog steeds zoekende bent. Mocht je ooit een meisje IEKE (Harms)KOBUS (ged.
                                              17 jan.1796 Zevenhuizen)tegenkomen, waarschuw je me dan?
                                              Met vriendelijke groet,
                                              Jaap Niemeijer, Hoogeveen

                                            • l.cazemier@chello.nl
                                              Message 22 of 30 , Mar 14 2:51 AM
                                                Hallo Jaap en Rinske e.a.,

                                                Je sprak over Ieke Kobes.
                                                In Gens Nostra, 1994, blz. 352 staat een Jakob Harms Kobes vermeld, getrouwd met
                                                Anje Everts van der Heide, die in 1838 te Zevenhuizen (Gr) een dochter krijgen,
                                                genaamd Ike. 't Is niet dezelfde Ike, maar het zit vast in de familie. Wellicht
                                                hebben jullie hier iets aan.

                                                Met vriendelijke groeten,
                                                Lukas.

                                                Jaap Niemeijer schreef:

                                                > From: "Jaap Niemeijer" <jaap.niemeijer@...>
                                                >
                                                > Hallo Rinske,
                                                > Omdat ik sinds kort aangesloten ben op de Friesland-genealogie, zag ik jouw
                                                > naam voorbijkomen in onderstaand bericht.
                                                > Misschien weet je nog, dat ik (ook) op zoek ben naar een Kobes c.q.
                                                > Kobus-familie. Je mailde mij daarover op 13 januari jl. Je verwees me naar
                                                > Harry Hoeksema voor mogelijk meer informatie. Daar zijn wel meer gegevens
                                                > boven water gekomen, maar de juiste aansluiting heb ik nog niet kunnen
                                                > maken.
                                                > Jij schreef mij, dat je probeerde om meer info te krijgen over de ouders van
                                                > 'jouw' Jan Jacobs Kobes. Uit het onderstaande bericht begrijp ik, dat je
                                                > nog steeds zoekende bent. Mocht je ooit een meisje IEKE (Harms)KOBUS (ged.
                                                > 17 jan.1796 Zevenhuizen)tegenkomen, waarschuw je me dan?
                                                > Met vriendelijke groet,
                                                > Jaap Niemeijer, Hoogeveen

                                              • Hans & Rinske Van Brederode
                                                Message 23 of 30 , Mar 15 5:23 PM
                                                  Hello Arlene,

                                                  Thanks for looking into the death notices for me. We do not know what may have
                                                  happened to my Aunt I am sure she did not remarry but she may have moved to
                                                  another state.
                                                  There is one other person I promised to look for. A neighbour is trying to
                                                  locate her mother who she thinks moved to the U.S. The name is Helen Ruby Riley
                                                  born in Lindsay, Ontario Canada on Jun 9 1927. She moved from Windsor Ontario,
                                                  possibly across the border to Michigan? Could you take a look.
                                                  On a personal note, don't worry about your husbands fears of genealogy taking
                                                  over your life, you could have worse hobbies. Mine feels the same, but his
                                                  interest is sports so we each have our own area of interest. I have always loved
                                                  mysteries; books, WNEB, etc. and to me genealogy is just like a good mystery.
                                                  By the way, if you ever come across a Kasey & Liz VanderVeen in Grand Rapids tell
                                                  them Aunt Rinske says hello. I believe Kasey is connected to one of the Churches
                                                  their.
                                                  Our local Mormon church is just a part time Family History Library, just a few
                                                  months ago they now have the ability to bring micro films for viewing, which I
                                                  have already taken them up on. Only they can not make a print of any of the
                                                  documents on the films. For that the film has to go back to Salt Lake. Oh well,
                                                  genealogy does teach us one thing.....patience.
                                                  Thanks for your help.....Rinske