Volbeda Family Reunion

  • mariebo47
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2002
      We are planning a Dutch/American family gathering in Sneek on June 29
      2002. We are looking for a site in or close to Sneek to hold a
      gathering of perhps 100 people: preferably a restaurant with a nice
      outdoor area with a park-like setting for playing games, eating,
      playing music, and also have a banquet room available if the weather
      is cold or rainy, where we can eat and gather.

      Please send your suggestions to marie@...

      Thank You,

      Marie Volbeda
    • Jack Terveer
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 4:29 AM
        Hi Marie,

        In Sneek there are not much places that meet all of your demands. Here are some adresses and phonenumbers in Sneek:

        Leeuwen restaurant partyservice
        Parkstraat 1
        8601 GS Sneek
        ++31-515-432688
        Location: Town-centre

        Hotel Restaurant Hanenburg
        Wijde Noorderhorne 2
        8601 EB Sneek
        ++31-515-412570
        Location: Town-centre

        Serre Restaurant Onder de Linden
        Marktstraat 30
        8601 CV Sneek
        ++31-515-412654
        Location: Town-centre

        Restaurant en Partycentrum van der Wal
        Leeuwenburg 11
        8601 CG Sneek
        ++31-515-413863
        Location: Town-centre

        Zalencentrum en Bowling de Stolp
        Smidsstraat 6
        8601 WB Sneek
        ++31-424044
        Location: at the edge of town, very easy to reach but no other facilities near by

        Parking is a real problem in Sneek, you have to pay mostly evereywhere, especially in the town's centre. All places mentioned above can hold up to hundred people or more, but have no "nice" outdoor area's or park-like settings. The food is good everywhere, so that won't be a problem. If you want to have more adresses in or around Sneek let me know. I was born in Sneek and currently live in Bolsward, about 10 km. north of Sneek................

        Jack.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 5:18 PM
          Thanks Jack for your response to my request. I will make this list available to our family.

          Someone suggested the Paviljeon Sneekermeer; so I contacted them today to see if they can accommodate us. If not, I will contact the restaurants you recommended.
          I will be in touch, if I have any questions, appreciate your offer to be of further help.

          We are planning a Dutch/American family gathering in Sneek on June 29
          2002. We are looking for a site in or close to Sneek to hold a
          gathering of perhps 100 people: preferably a restaurant with a nice
          outdoor area with a park-like setting for playing games, eating,
          playing music, and also have a banquet room available if the weather
          is cold or rainy, where we can eat and gather.

          Please send your suggestions to marie@...

          Thank You,

          Marie Volbeda

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor