Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Familie Hemrica

  • a.a. van deelen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
      Hi Ken,
      Your granddad his name was Kuipers (Friesland), in my genealogy I have the same surname and a few of them went to the USA, they are at that moment propably sailors and officers or cap'tains at ships sailing at the end of the 19th en begin of the 20th century, between the Netherlands, Germany and the USA. There are also marriages between them and a family de Vries (Groningen and Germany) also sailors etc., are you acquainted with a combination of these jobs and surnames at the mentioned time?
      With regards
      Harry van Deelen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
        Dear Dan,

        Just spoke to my mother. The Hemrica's in Garijp were Eelke and Johanna (Their
        daughter Janke (b 1931 and married Joop Velema) kept in touch with my mother for
        many years. She and husband retired to Tsjerkwerd, near Bolsward and a few
        years ago moved to Beilen, Drente. That's all I can tell you at present.

        By the way, do you know there is a village in SE Friesland called "de Hemrik" ?
        Presumably the surname is derived from it.

        Good luck. Keimpe
      • Jim Steinfort
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
          Dan:

          I have a website that was given to me by a Netherlands national which has
          been of tremendous assistance. It might help you as well. It shows births,
          marriages, deaths in Friesland from 1811 to 1924. Keep in mind that:
          gerbooten = births
          huwelijken = marriages
          overlijdens = deaths

          The website is:
          http://www.ryksargyf.org/nl/Onderzoek/Stamboom/stamboom.htm

          Good Luck.
          Jim Steinfort
          Has anyone researched a family Hemrica in Bergum or Garijp?

          Dan Sinema

          Het archief van deze Hazagebruikers-lijst met daarin alle sinds 8 juli 1999
          geposte berichten staat op http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friesland-genealogy

        • Jim Steinfort
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
            > I have a website that was given to me by a Netherlands national which has
            > been of tremendous assistance. It might help you as well. It shows
            births,
            > marriages, deaths in Friesland from 1811 to 1924. Keep in mind that:
            > gerbooten = births
            > huwelijken = marriages
            > overlijdens = deaths
            >
            > The website is:
            > http://www.ryksargyf.org/nl/Onderzoek/Stamboom/stamboom.htm
            >
            > Good Luck.
            > Jim Steinfort

          • M.Haijema
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2002
              Beste Dan,
              Ik heb enige Hemrica's in mijn bestand. Misschien zit hierbij wat je zoekt.
              De genealogie gaat hierbij als bijlage.
              Marten Haijema