Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Familie Hemrica

  • ken.veldhuis@lrcc.on.ca
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
      <Has anyone researched a family Hemrica in Bergum or Garijp?

      Dan Sinema>

      Dear Dan,

      No, but there was a Hemrica family lived across from my grandfather Keimpe
      Kuipers on the corner GreatE en Lytse Buorren in Garijp. I'll ask my mother
      about them and if any info will mail you again.

      Keimpe
    • a.a. van deelen
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
        Hi Ken,
        Your granddad his name was Kuipers (Friesland), in my genealogy I have the same surname and a few of them went to the USA, they are at that moment propably sailors and officers or cap'tains at ships sailing at the end of the 19th en begin of the 20th century, between the Netherlands, Germany and the USA. There are also marriages between them and a family de Vries (Groningen and Germany) also sailors etc., are you acquainted with a combination of these jobs and surnames at the mentioned time?
        With regards
        Harry van Deelen
        <Has anyone researched a family Hemrica in Bergum or Garijp?

        Dan Sinema>

        Dear Dan,

        No, but there was a Hemrica family lived across from my grandfather Keimpe
        Kuipers on the corner GreatE en Lytse Buorren in Garijp. I'll ask my mother
        about them and if any info will mail you again.

        Keimpe

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • ken.veldhuis@lrcc.on.ca
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
          Dear Dan,

          Just spoke to my mother. The Hemrica's in Garijp were Eelke and Johanna (Their
          daughter Janke (b 1931 and married Joop Velema) kept in touch with my mother for
          many years. She and husband retired to Tsjerkwerd, near Bolsward and a few
          years ago moved to Beilen, Drente. That's all I can tell you at present.

          By the way, do you know there is a village in SE Friesland called "de Hemrik" ?
          Presumably the surname is derived from it.

          Good luck. Keimpe
        • Jim Steinfort
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
            Dan:

            I have a website that was given to me by a Netherlands national which has
            been of tremendous assistance. It might help you as well. It shows births,
            marriages, deaths in Friesland from 1811 to 1924. Keep in mind that:
            gerbooten = births
            huwelijken = marriages
            overlijdens = deaths

            The website is:
            http://www.ryksargyf.org/nl/Onderzoek/Stamboom/stamboom.htm

            Good Luck.
            Jim Steinfort
            Has anyone researched a family Hemrica in Bergum or Garijp?

            Dan Sinema

            Het archief van deze Hazagebruikers-lijst met daarin alle sinds 8 juli 1999
            geposte berichten staat op http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friesland-genealogy

          • Jim Steinfort
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 4, 2002
              > I have a website that was given to me by a Netherlands national which has
              > been of tremendous assistance. It might help you as well. It shows
              births,
              > marriages, deaths in Friesland from 1811 to 1924. Keep in mind that:
              > gerbooten = births
              > huwelijken = marriages
              > overlijdens = deaths
              >
              > The website is:
              > http://www.ryksargyf.org/nl/Onderzoek/Stamboom/stamboom.htm
              >
              > Good Luck.
              > Jim Steinfort

            • M.Haijema
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2002
                Beste Dan,
                Ik heb enige Hemrica's in mijn bestand. Misschien zit hierbij wat je zoekt.
                De genealogie gaat hierbij als bijlage.
                Marten Haijema