Re: [Friesland-genealogy] dutch emigrants list

  • Robert A. DeVries
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 3, 2002
      I have this CD and find three brothers that came over to Michigan in 1847
      from Ferwerderadeel, Friesland: Piebe Jans Klaver (age 27, occupation
      carpenter), Geert Jans Klaver (age 25, occupation carpenter) and Gerrit
      Klaver. I did not find the emmigration record for Gerrit Klaver but find two
      census records for Gerrit Klaver in 1860 that both listed 1847 as the
      emmigration year, one at age 31 (in 1860), another at age 25 (in 1860). Both
      were listed as house carpenters in Ottawa County, MI which became Grand
      Haven, MI. Piebe Klaver and and Geert Klaver are also found in Grand Haven
      in the 1850 census with the occupation of farming. Another record shows
      Geert's church affiliation in Grand Haven in 1851.

      There are also many other large Klaver families that came to Chicago and
      Grand Rapids Michigan around the 1886, 1887, 1893 period.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 3, 2002
        Bob,
        where did you get that CD?
        Scott

        --- "Robert A. DeVries" <radevries1@...>
        wrote:
> [...]
        > nog
        > States,
        > Klaver
        > vertrokken.
        > niet
        > in dat
        > het
        > datum. In
        > terug te
        > die in

        > zou al
        > Piebe

        > > >Send your FREE holiday greetings online!
        > > >http://greetings.yahoo.com
        > > >

        > > >Genealogy yn Frysl�n:
        > http://members1.chello.nl/~a.stienstra/frgen/
        > > >of: http://go.to/frgen .
        > > >
        > > >Het archief van deze Hazagebruikers-lijst met
        > daarin alle sinds 8 juli
        > > >1999 geposte berichten staat op
        > > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Friesland-genealogy
        > > >
        > > >Om uw abonnement te be�indigen stuurt u een

        === message truncated ===

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • Jan Klaver
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 3, 2002
          Robert,

          Thanks for this information. No mentioning of the ship and the exact date
          though?

          Geert and Gerrit are the same person. I found decendants of Gerrit in the USA.
          His grandson Martin was a journalist in Detroit and wrote a number of
          articles about his family.
          The fist one, about the history of the 'afgescheidenen' ; what made them
          leave the Netherlands and a general history of the decendants of Gerrit can
          be found at my website ( http://www.familie-klaver.nl or
          http://www.familie-klaver.com ) under the 'reseach' button. The entry is
          called 'The Vriezenboys' . The second one about life of dutch families in
          the early 1900's in Grand Haven will follow in the near future.

          Piebe/Pijbe is called Piet/Piete/Pieter/Peter lateron. Don't know anything
          about him yet. Except that he is married by rev. Van Raalte in 1849.
          I know he had children but am still searching for them.

          I'm also interested in knowing more about the other families you mentioned.

          TIA,
          Jan

        • Taeke van der Ley
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 4, 2002
            Beste Jan,

            Voor de CD: SurfTo: http://www.genealogy.com/ftmwelcome.html
            Je kunt hier zoeken op Piebe Klaver en de resultaten kun je hierna bekijken. Je kunt nu de bedoelde CD gewoon bestellen. Het is natuurlijk wel gemakkelijk om ook het programma Family Tree Maker te hebben. Heb je dit programma niet, laat het maar even weten.

            Groet,
            Taeke

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 6, 2002
                Thanks for the info.

                wrote:
> [...]
                > for
                > > > Gerrit Klaver but find two
                > > > census records for Gerrit Klaver in 1860 that
                > both
                > > > listed 1847 as the
                > > > emmigration year, one at age 31 (in 1860),
                > another
                > > > at age 25 (in 1860). Both
                > > > were listed as house carpenters in Ottawa
                > County, MI
                > > > which became Grand
                > > > Haven, MI. Piebe Klaver and and Geert Klaver are
                > > > also found in Grand Haven
                > > > in the 1850 census with the occupation of
                > farming.
                > > > Another record shows
                > > > Geert's church affiliation in Grand Haven in
                > 1851.
                > > >
                > > > There are also many other large Klaver families
                > that
                > > > came to Chicago and
                > > > Grand Rapids Michigan around the 1886, 1887,

                === message truncated ===

                Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
                http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
              • Faan Kuypers
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 7, 2002
                  Robert,

                  I am looking for an entry in that book (or on the CD) and I want to make
                  sure it has the information before I fork over the money. Can you have a
                  look for Halbo Kuipers for me?

                  Thanks

                  Faan