Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Re: need help with records

  • Scott Boelens
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 21, 2001
      --- Hebron@... wrote:
      > --- In Friesland-genealogy@y..., sb0elens@y...
      > wrote:
      > > In search through Ryksargyf for family, I came
      > across this entry in
      > > the Familienamen 1811 portion of the site
      > >
      > > Reitsma, Sytze Wytzes, Hardegarijp
      > >
      > > k. Wytske 15, Wytze 14, Melle 12, Bartele 9,
      > Boukjen 7, Lysbert 5,
      > > Rense 1;
      > > vgl. Krol A.M.
      > >
      > > Not being sure of what the last portion (vgl. Krol
      > A.M.), I did a
      > > search for krol and came up with this record.
      > >
      > > Krol, Albert Melles (Sytze W. Reitsma in qlt.),
      > Hardegarijp
      > >
      > > k. Cornelis 6, Boukjen 3, Melle 3/4
      > >
      > > Can anyone explain what this means to me?
      > > Regards.
      > > Scott
      >
      > the letters vgl. means compare.
      > in my case:the father died before 1811 the mother
      > married again and
      > the stepfathers name is mentioned in this document.

      Okay, I kind of follow what you are saying. I looked
      up both Albert Melles Krol and Sytze Reitsma. Both
      had children after 1811. With Sytze, his wife's name
      was Jeltje Melles, which I am presuming is Albert's
      sister. If this is the case then what you are saying
      is that Albert and Jeltje's mother was still living at
      the time of the registration and that their father had
      already died. Correct?
      Scott

      http://personals.yahoo.com