RE: RE: [Friesland-genealogy] Pieter Eeckes Fogelsangh

  • kbylsma1
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 3, 2013
      Hi Joop and Scott:
      I too would be interested in receiving further information concerning  Dyerck Gerryts F. or    Dirck Gerritsz Fogelsangh,  as I know him.  I received information concerning him in relation with my Kingma family line from    Gabe Kuindersma (since deceased) in about the year 2000 but have not pursued this any further since that time.  The daughter Hes that you identify must have been a sister of my ancestor Gerryt whose daughter Hylck married into the Kingma family (see my Kingma line at:  http://kbylsma.bravehost.com/KINGMA.html  ).  Ik kan wel nederlands lezen!
      Klaas Bylsma

      --- In Friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, <friesland-genealogy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello Scott Boelens,

      Perhaps I can help you with information about the ancestors of Pieter

      Eeckes. In 2002 I published a book about the Siderius family, which family

      is connected with the Fogelsangh family. Mathijs Noldus Iserman (later

      Siderius) married Ebel Syckes Fogelsangh and their son Meynte Mathijs

      started to write a family chronicle in 1653 in which he also wrote about his

      Fogelsangh ancestors. My book contains this chronicle and the family schemes

      therein and also a short genealogy of the Fogelsangh family. Pieter Eeckes

      is a grandson or perhaps a greatgrandson of Pieter Iskes Fogelsangh who was

      a farmer in Oosterwierum in 1606, the name of his wife is not known. He was

      a son of Isk Rommerts, farmer in Oosterwierum and Hes Dircks Fogelsangh, who

      was a daughter of Dyerck Gerryts F. born 1484/1485 and also a farmer in

      Oosterwierum.

      Greetings

      Joop Woudstra

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2013
        Klaas,

        I am still working on researching the descendants of my original post, but would be happy to share what I have.

        Thanks,
        Scott

      • J. Woudstra
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2013
          Hi Scott and Klaas,
          Meynte follows the Fogelsangh line in his chronicle. Perhaps the easiest way
          to get a copy of it and at the same time the short genealogy of the family
          is to buy a copy of the Siderius book. The price is euro 55,-- excl. postage
          and you can order it with me.
          Greetings
          Joop

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2013
            Hallo Klaas,

            Ik heb net een mail naar Scott gezonden die je ook wel zult zien. Hes is inderdaad een zuster van de door jou bedoelde Gerryt. Deze Gerryt trouwde met Tyam Sickes Atsma en in de familiekroniek wordt ook de familie Atsma behandelt. Ik heb ook een korte genealogie van deze familie opgenomen in het Sideriusboek. Het boek is uiteraard in het Nederlands, maar wel met een samenvatting in het Engels en een Nederlands- Engelse woordenlijst.

            Groeten,

            Joop

            _____