Pieter Eeckes Fogelsangh

  • Scott Boelens
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2013
      Hello all,

      Could I get some help in getting this correct? I am trying to get the spouses and children of Pieter Eeckes Fogelsangh correct, and have been able to find the gedoopt records for all but Meyntie, Pytertje and Trijntje. I have done some web searches to help me with this, which is where I got these three names. I've been able to find marriage records for Meyntie and Trijntje, but not for Pytertje, but these are tentative connections at best as they don't list the parents for the bride and groom. Also, I am looking for further information on Pieter's parents, and grandparents, if possible. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

      First Generation

      1. Pieter Eeckes Fogelsangh. Born bef 17 Apr 1620 in Oosterwierum, Baarderadeel, Frieslad, Netherlands, son of Eecke Pijters & Antjie Dircks. Pieter Eeckes died abt 1693; he was 72. Occupation: Pharmacist [apotheker].

      On 12 Aug 1643 when Pieter Eeckes was 23, he first married Jetske Gerlofs Jennema, daughter of Gerlof Douwes Jennema & Aeltie Wybets, in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands. Born in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands. Jetske Gerlofs died bef 1649 in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands.

      They had the following children:
      2 i. Saeckien Pytters (<1644-1681)
      ii. Hijlck*. Born bef 9 Sep 1646 in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands.
      iii. Aeltie*. Born bef 17 Sep 1648 in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands.

      On 9 Jun 1649 when Pieter Eeckes was 29, he second married Antie Floris Raap in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands. Born in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands.

      They had one child:
      i. Eeke*. Born bef 28 Jul 1650 in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands.
      ii. Meyntie*. Meyntie* died bef 1681.
      On 28 May 1671 Meyntie* married Bernardus Petri Monsma in Ternaard, Westdongeradeel, Friesland, Netherlands. Born in Bolsward, Friesland, Netherlands.
      iii. Pytertje*.
      Pytertje* married Sipke Joeckes Kronenburg.
      3 iv. Trijntje*

      Second Generation

      2. Saeckien Pytters Fogelsang. Born bef 21 Aug 1644 in Leeuwarden, Friesland, Netherlands. Saeckien Pytters died in Westdongeradeel, Friesland, Netherlands, on 29 Jan 1681; she was 36.

      On 19 Nov 1663 when Saeckien Pytters was 19, she married Gerlacus Wybouds Scheltinga, son of Wybe Gerlofs & Bauck Teakes Scheltinga, in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands. Born abt 1637. Gerlacus Wybouds died in Holwerd, Westdongeradeel, Friesland, Netherlands, on 28 Apr 1706; he was 69.

      They had the following children:
      i. Jeske (<1664-<1669)
      ii. Bauk* (<1666-<1675)
      iii. Jetske+ (<1669-1752)
      iv. Eeke* (<1671-1746)
      v. Baucktie* (<1675-)
      vi. Wijbe Gerlacus* (<1677-)
      vii. Sara* (<1680-)

      3. Trijntje* Fogelsangh.

      On 27 Nov 1664 Trijntje* first married Douwe Wytses Brandsma in Ternaard, Westdongeradeel, Friesland, Netherlands. Douwe Wytses died bef 1670.

      They had the following children:
      i. Baukje*
      ii. Jetske*

      On 11 Dec 1670 Trijntje* second married Bouwe Lieuwes van Ripama in Dokkum, Friesland, Netherlands. Born in Ee, Oostdongeradeel, Friesland, Netherlands. Bouwe Lieuwes died in 1694.

      They had the following children:
      i. Anneke*
      ii. Aeltje*
      iii. Duiert Elama*
      iv. Hillegonda*
      v. Saeckjen*
      vi. Lieuwe*
      vii. Saakje*
      viii. Pieter*

      Thank you in advance,
      Scott Boelens

    • J. Woudstra
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 3, 2013
        Hello Scott Boelens,

        Perhaps I can help you with information about the ancestors of Pieter
        Eeckes. In 2002 I published a book about the Siderius family, which family
        is connected with the Fogelsangh family. Mathijs Noldus Iserman (later
        Siderius) married Ebel Syckes Fogelsangh and their son Meynte Mathijs
        started to write a family chronicle in 1653 in which he also wrote about his
        Fogelsangh ancestors. My book contains this chronicle and the family schemes
        therein and also a short genealogy of the Fogelsangh family. Pieter Eeckes
        is a grandson or perhaps a greatgrandson of Pieter Iskes Fogelsangh who was
        a farmer in Oosterwierum in 1606, the name of his wife is not known. He was
        a son of Isk Rommerts, farmer in Oosterwierum and Hes Dircks Fogelsangh, who
        was a daughter of Dyerck Gerryts F. born 1484/1485 and also a farmer in
        Oosterwierum.

        Greetings

        Joop Woudstra

        _____

[...]

        size=1 width="100%" noshade color="#a0a0a0" align=center>

        Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
        Versie: 2013.0.3392 / Virusdatabase: 3211/6623 - datum van uitgifte:
        08/30/13

      • Scott Boelens
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 3, 2013
          Hello Joop,

          Thank you for your response. This ties in nicely with a theory I had been working on based on some work done by an unknown author of a website. I attempted to contact the webmaster, but was unable to, thus could not find out more information. Did Meynte's chronicle just follow the Fogelsangh line, or did he also write about Isk Rommerts' ancestors as well? Also, how could I get a copy of this chronicle/family history? I would like to flesh out the information on this family as much as possible as I, too, am one of their descendants.

          Thank you,
          Scott

        • kbylsma1

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2013
              Klaas,

              I am still working on researching the descendants of my original post, but would be happy to share what I have.

              Thanks,
              Scott

            • J. Woudstra
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2013
                Hi Scott and Klaas,
                Meynte follows the Fogelsangh line in his chronicle. Perhaps the easiest way
                to get a copy of it and at the same time the short genealogy of the family
                is to buy a copy of the Siderius book. The price is euro 55,-- excl. postage
                and you can order it with me.

                -----
                Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
                Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
                Versie: 2013.0.3392 / Virusdatabase: 3222/6634 - datum van uitgifte:
                09/03/13
              • J. Woudstra
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 4, 2013
                  Hallo Klaas,

                  Ik heb net een mail naar Scott gezonden die je ook wel zult zien. Hes is inderdaad een zuster van de door jou bedoelde Gerryt. Deze Gerryt trouwde met Tyam Sickes Atsma en in de familiekroniek wordt ook de familie Atsma behandelt. Ik heb ook een korte genealogie van deze familie opgenomen in het Sideriusboek. Het boek is uiteraard in het Nederlands, maar wel met een samenvatting in het Engels en een Nederlands- Engelse woordenlijst.

                  Groeten,

                  Joop

                  _____