birth of father

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 2013
      Hello, and greetings . . . ,
      My father Jan Steensma was born in Almenum near Harlingen on 26th.September,1905.
      I am unable to find any birth records. I looked at birth records of Harlingen, but no luck. I know Almenum doesn't exists anymore so where do I look for birth registries of my father and his three siblings?
      Thanks for helping me.
      Hans Steensma.
      St.Catharines,ON.
    • Hans Bottema
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 16, 2013
        Hi Hans,

        Almenum was split up between Barradeel and Franekeradeel. I found your
        fathers birth record in Barradeel. Go to www.genver.nl (familysearch). Then
        to Barradeel. Click on geboorten 1905-1908 and go to image 42. On this image
        you will find geboorteakte nr. 157, concerning your father birth. If you
        need any help finding his three siblings, just let me know.

        Regards,

        Hans Bottema

        My father Jan Steensma was born in Almenum near Harlingen on
        26th.September,1905.
        I am unable to find any birth records. I looked at birth records of
        Harlingen, but no luck. I know Almenum doesn't exists anymore so where do I
        look for birth registries of my father and his three siblings?
        Thanks for helping me.
        Hans Steensma.
        St.Catharines,ON.

        Geen virus gevonden in dit bericht.
        Gecontroleerd door AVG - www.avg.com
        Versie: 2013.0.3392 / Virusdatabase: 3211/6583 - datum van uitgifte:
        08/16/13

      • Sijbout Sjoerd Jaasma
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 16, 2013
          Hans

          This time the information.

          I found the birth record of you father. [157]

          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-19270-73128-18?cc=1831469&wc=10686473

          His sister [50]
          https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-19270-72218-13?cc=1831469&wc=10686473

          His brother [160]