  • elaine caine
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2012
      Greetings, I am excited to be part of this group and learn more about my
      ancestery.  I have a problem. All the e-mails I have recieved are in Dutch and I
      can only understand English.  Is there any way we can fix this.  Thanks Elaine

    • Godwin Zwanenburg
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2012
        Dear Elaine,

        This is a Dutch newsgroup, so most will be in Dutch. Questions in English
        will be fine and will be mostly answered in English.
        Maybe it is good to start with what you are looking for.
        But not all people will change to English.....

        Kind regards,

        Godwin Zwanenburg
        On Sep 22, 2012 11:54 PM, "elaine caine" <caineelaine@...> wrote:

        > Greetings, I am excited to be part of this group and learn more about my
        > ancestery. I have a problem. All the e-mails I have recieved are in Dutch
        > and I
        > can only understand English. Is there any way we can fix this. Thanks
        > Elaine

        > Om uw abonnement te beëindigen stuurt u een (leeg) email-bericht naar:
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Okke Jansma
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 22, 2012
          Dear Elaine,
          I think it is fair to say that many members of this Dutch based group will have a reasonable command of the English language.
          Any queries you may have will be answered in English and /or will be translated for you by members and I , for one, will be more than prepared to assist you in any way possible.
          Kind regards and good luck with your searches.
          Okke Jansma.

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 23, 2012
            Thank you so much. Someone told me how to get the Dutch translated so I am ready
            to join the fun. Thanks again. Elaine

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 23, 2012
              Thanks to you. I have now, from one of the members, learned how to translate. I
              am learning and ready to join in on the conversations. Thank you too.