Re: [Friesland-genealogy] Aldert Jans van der Laan

  • Oebele Bijlsma
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 29, 2012
      Ray,

      Goto http://www.archiefleeuwardercourant.nl
      Fill field HOME (simple searching) with: Laan-Postma 1944
      and then press the green button ZOEK IN HET ARCHIEF (search)
      Select one of the found items (they are both the same) and you will see a copy of the birth-announcement in de Leeuwarder Courant (LC) of 2 sePt 1944:

      In plaats van kaarten
      Geboren SIJTSKE, dochter van
      A. v.d. LAAN
      TJ. v.d. LAAN-POSTMA
      Giekerk, 30 Aug. 1944

      Translation:
      Instead of cards.
      Born SIJTSKE, daughter of
      A. v.d. LAAN
      TJ. v.d. LAAN-POSTMA
      Giekerk, 30 Aug. 1944

      In the same way (with searchkey: Laan-Faber Familieberichten) I found the death-announcement of Jan Alderts on 12-12-1955:

      Heden overleed zeer onverwacht
      onze lieve man, vader, behuwd-
      en grootvader
      Jan Alderts v d Laan
      in de ouderdom van bijna 78 jaar
      Giekerk 12 Dec 1955
      De diepbedroefden
      S v d Laan-Faber
      A v d Laan
      Tj v d Laan-Postma
      Sietske

      Translation:
      Today died very sudden our beloved husband,
      father, father-in-law and grandfather
      Jan Alderts v d Laan
      at the age of nearly 78 jaar
      Giekerk 12 Dec 1955
      De heartbroken
      S v d Laan-Faber (widow)
      A v d Laan (son)
      Tj v d Laan-Postma Daughter-in-law)
      Sietske (granddaughter Sijtske)

      All these announcements can be copied and stored in your own system. This is one of the greatest ways to find informations of family and affairs in Friesland for the last 1,5 century. You only have to find out the best way of asking questions, Simple (possibility HOME) or extended (UITGEBREID ZOEKEN).
      A lot of family-announcements can be found in the category FAMILIBERICHTEN, were LC stored most of the announcements. Dates can possibly be found in the category BURGERLIJKE (Public Affairs) were lots of birth, death and marriage are stored. But their is also a lot of normal journey-articles about people and affairs.

      Met vriendelijke groet,

      Oebele Bijlsma
      Hattem